Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
OMG, here we go again. transfered 30gb of music to my n9 and now my gellery is full of album art!!!

what to do to not show the album art? same issue on the n900.

Same here!!! How do i get rid of this?

I imagine if you filter in the gallery to just captures it would help

I personally use a MediaManager (MediaMonkey, Windows user) that tags the album art to the mp3 (or transcodes it if it isn't an mp3 ) and I don't copy over the separate album art image file.

I tend to not store the album art in separate files now on my computer. Anything decent now-a-days should be able to read embedded album art.

PS Yes I've done this on my N9, and yes, it works perfectly fine.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
I've used MAX on the Mac to encode my CDs to FLAC - and embed album art, so the images don'e show up in the gallery.

Not much use after 30GB have been transferred, I know.

You can filter the Gallery images by tags.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Strangely, I don't have external JPG album art, but I still get 3 different sizes of album art afted transferring music to the phone.

The other option is to delete the album art after you transfer music to the phone. Embedded art remains but doesn't show up in gallery.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I noticed I had hidden folders in my music folders. Enable "view hidden files and folders" on Windows/Linux and delete them.

You might have to delete them on your computer's harddisk and transfer the stuff over again. With the N900 I got into a weird reappearing loop where stuff deleted just came back soon after deletion.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post: