Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Does flashing delete all the memory on the phone ie; text messages, pictures, music, apps, files in MyDocs? Also, I installed Energy Profiler, it must be open to record data and my average idle consumption is around 56mA with Dual Mode on. Is that good?

Last edited by automagic68; 2012-03-16 at 12:55.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Does flashing delete all the memory on the phone ie; text messages, pictures, music, apps, files in MyDocs? Also, I installed Energy Profiler, it must be open to record data and my average idle consumption is around 56mA with Dual Mode on. Is that good?
Yes flashing the emmc deletes everything.

56mAh is high for idle consumption. My N9 is at 11mah.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
I'm gonna do a "Comprehensive Reset" tonight as stated in itsnotabigtruck's Firmware Flashing Guide. Will my backups be deleted along with my pictures and game saves?

Last edited by automagic68; 2012-03-17 at 04:04.

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
I'm gonna do a "Comprehensive Reset" tonight as stated in itsnotabigtruck's Firmware Flashing Guide. Will my backups be deleted along with my pictures and game saves?
to be in the safe side back up your back up files to your computer and/or try to use a back up software on the pc as Nokia pc suite "NOT NOKIA SUITE" or Nokia Link it works great with N9

guys since there are quite many people interested in getting more out of the battery in an N9 did any one actually thought to test how much diffrence does it make to switch off the Low power screen?
I couldn't test it my self since I did switch it off since day one (I quite love the dark :P) so I wouldn't know if it increases the idle consumption.
another great feature i found out this low power screen actually turns it self off when you put your mobile in your pocket using the proximity sensor which is great how ever does it do the same when you are in a completely dark room?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mada22009 For This Useful Post:
I just realized idle consumption means the phone is idle and not being used... So turned on Energy Profiler and shut the screen off. I left my phone alone for about 15mins and when I checked it said the average was 12mA in dual mode so I feel a lot better. I'll do extensive testing for a span of several hours later this weekend. But so far it looks good.

The Following User Says Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mada22009 View Post
Well guys I am one of these people who is very concerned about the battery life of all my devices (I carry an extra battery for all of it) I am an outgoing person which means I could be ages away from a plug when I need one. Any way since the battery is not changeable on the N9 I tried to find ways to save it by lowering the Idle consumption.

so far the best I could reach is 3ma after a restart and recharge which allows me to about 5 to 6 days of extremely light usage (power saver mood, and 2G only, and light phone usage)

however with heavy usage I get about 2 days out of it. (about 6 hours of navigation, about 3 hours of internet on wireless, about 2 hours of calls, a number of sms and some gaming as well *power saver mood is on!)

so was any one able to get better results?
is there a way to reduce the active consumption which is 100 to 300ma average under that kind of usage?
what is your own battery usage statistics?
Get an external battery pack! I have noticed that starting up apps takes more power now than on PR1.1 and that keeping them "running" in memory takes less power than before. I have no scientific evidence only blunt experience that could be wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
The sensor only turns the screen off if it detects an object not farther than 5 cm. I did find that turning the low-power screen off saves on battery... 1 or 2 mAh or so. :P You could use bmedatalogger to compile a list of battery parameters across a period of time and then turn the low-power screen on and off, use a 2G or 3G connection, dim the screen etc.
Originally Posted by My professor of Biophysics
An experiment is any phenomenon in which you control the conditions and analyze the results.

The Following User Says Thank You to user/zero For This Useful Post:
hi all,

my battery life didn't get better with 1.2. i noticed that after flashing the device, the first 2 days the idle consumption was about 20 mA, but after day 3 the idle consumtion increased up to 50-60 with o apparent reason. i couldn't get a day of usage out of it. after reading a lot of posts/forums, i tried every "solution" i could find (reboot, create shortcut from browser, moving telco's SIM icon, clearing, restoring,..).
i tried also to track down a specific app causing the drain (installed app, waited half a day, checked through battery usage, htop). couldn't find anything related.
the strange thing is, the drain begun always after i connected the phone to my laptop (linux) to charge it. WTF?
my solution was a complete wipe (+ eMMC) and a reinstall through NSU. after that i copied over the backup, but not the .backup folder. i created all accounts again manually and sync'd the contacts with google.

cheers,
no_nuke

P.S. austrian 64GB, installed apps: oooToDo, gpsMeefo, CityScene, Filebox, terminal, cuteTube, MeeScan, Flashlight, SciCalc, Dropian, SwipeManager (doesn't work - please gimme that swipe-up-to-close!!!).
idle consumption: 10-12 mA, current: 70, active: 190.
alwasy open: phone, mail, messages, calendar, settings, browser

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Letchworth, England
i'm only getting just over a days use. albeit i'm tinkering a little as i only got the device a couple of days ago but i wouldn't say my usage is excessive at all. i'm running 1.2. i've done 2 full charges since unboxing (0% > 100% > 0% > 100%) i'm hoping the battery improves over the next few charges.

are these false hopes? really love everything about the phone but the battery life could be an issue