Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
A quick feature request; would it be possible to get an alert a settable time before the end of the count down (say a minute) to warn you off that the period's about to end? And perhaps to count up afterwards (numbers in red?), alerting you every 30 seconds or so that you've missed the end of the countdown?
The second suggestion is fairly easy to implement. As for the first one, I would suggest a little workaround:

If in the next version there would be a possibility to play the alert every X seconds. You could then set the countdown time X seconds shorter, this way it would tell you that the time you want is about to end in X seconds.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
This app needs still more votes to be promoted to Extras. Please vote for it here. This app is optified, so you do not need to worry about that.

Cheers!

Thanks for the votes. Only two more needed.

The quarantine time is over, now it just needs those two missing votes. Please vote here in order for this app to be promoted to Extras.

Thanks

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
The quarantine time is over, now it just needs those two missing votes. Please vote here in order for this app to be promoted to Extras.

Thanks
In my studio, I use a lot of countdown timers. Right now I'm using ToastTimer (source forge) inside the Garnet (PalmOS) VM. I'll give yours a go.

The Following User Says Thank You to bgrigor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
A suggestion:

I believe that many people training for sports would benefit if these separate countdown options could be chained. E.g. so that the application would give a short beep after every stage and the user sets off the alarm after the last phase.

This function would allow to to formulate training sessions such as:
1. 2 min activity
2. 5 min rest
3. 4 min activity
4. 5 min rest...and so on

My old well served Timex Ironman watch has 9 of these stages and I'm using this function on weekly basis.

In addition to the code, this function would require only a 'Chain' button to the user interface. And of course, more stages (9 of them) would be nice!

The Following User Says Thank You to tplastic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tplastic View Post
A suggestion:

I believe that many people training for sports would benefit if these separate countdown options could be chained. E.g. so that the application would give a short beep after every stage and the user sets off the alarm after the last phase.

This function would allow to to formulate training sessions such as:
1. 2 min activity
2. 5 min rest
3. 4 min activity
4. 5 min rest...and so on

My old well served Timex Ironman watch has 9 of these stages and I'm using this function on weekly basis.

In addition to the code, this function would require only a 'Chain' button to the user interface. And of course, more stages (9 of them) would be nice!
I could try to incorporate something like this in some future version. I probably should make a list of all the requests and see which ones are most wanted and do the updates accordingly. Thanks for the suggestion.

One more vote needed! We almost there.

Countdown Timers has finally reached Extras! Thank you for all your support. Here is the Download page, if you want to review it.

I hope that I will be able to start working soon with the update. In the mean time, please keep posting your improvement suggestions.

Thanks

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Hi,
Thanks for your utility, is it possible for you to make it optional for it to vibrate when the time has expired?

The Following User Says Thank You to JayBEE For This Useful Post: