Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
That is not the whole truth. Fat32 is not supporting symlinks ...
BUT you could link to a file or folder on that FAT32 partition from your ext3-partition!
That should mostly work, but OMP doesn't strip special characters when creating lyrics files, so for example songs with '?' in title won't be saved on FAT32.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
two minor glitches:

1. if you start music from the desktop widget and them open OMP using widget, the playback is stopped.
Unfortunately this is not simply a matter of calling pause() in an inappropriate place. I wanted to write only a few word of comment, but something slightly bigger came out, so skip to the last paragraph if you don't care about the details.

An application which makes use of libplayback, but does not do the actual playback, is supposed to provide the PID of the real thing. However, it looks like neither the widget nor the stock player does it (nor OMP, because it doesn't make much sense if it was the only application to behave peoperly) and that might be the cause.

What happens is that OMP initializes libplayback to the playing state, the widget receives the information that some other application wants to play something, and as a result it pauses the music.

It doesn't happen with the stock player, because it does not request the playing state if it is started with music already playing. It can be observed by playing something in a libplayback-unaware player, starting Nokia's player and receiving a message -- instead of a silent *beep*, you'll get the usual sound and music interruption. OMP behaves differently: there should be only *beep* whenever it is open, no matter what happened before.

If the playback manager makes a good use of provided foreign PIDs, than the cleanest approach would be to rewrite the widget, but I still have to test it and I don't know if I'd have enough time for another project.

Doing what the stock player does wouldn't play well with "Do nothing" set as the exit action or Nicolai's widget, but fortunately the stock widget appears to send different things on D-Bus when there's playback going on, so I'll try to make a use of that.

Until it's fixed, you can disable "Prevent playback interruptions" as a quick workaround.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
2. search a song in songs list by using the keyboard, play that song, go back to to songs to search for another one - the focus is not on the text input field, you need to click it.
WIth fingers already on the keyboard, pressing Fn instead seems fast and convenient to me. If I made this automatic, quickly going a few windows back by using Backspace would be impossible and I don't think it's a good trade-off.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Jordan
I am wondering if we will have song metadata editor as a part of OMP in future?or it is difficult?

Thanks for this great work

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by laith.m.y View Post
I am wondering if we will have song metadata editor as a part of OMP in future?
Use Mussorgsky

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
One thing I noticed today was that settings for the headset are only updated when the headset is removed and then reinserted.

Example:-

I normally have "prevent playback interruptions" as "always" and "Headset button" as "Do Nothing".
Upon inserting my new WH-205 I pressed the button forgetting I had this disabled, due to the libplayback issue.
I changed the settings to "Never" and "Skip track" respectively, the button didn't work, until I removed and re-inserted the headset.

Is this the expected outcome?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Use Mussorgsky
Is Muss still working for you?

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
Originally Posted by Sphinx780 View Post
Is Muss still working for you?

its still working for mE...

The Following User Says Thank You to nisheet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Bug:
Open media player
click on play button (button right)
quickly press internet radio in the same window (before now playing window appears)
switch to task manager and there will be two windows for single instant of media player.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Found a strange thing too, dont know if its just me.

Well, when I add new albums the thumbnails isnt imported in the All Album view.
But if I play the album the thumbnail is there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Bug:
Open media player
click on play button (button right)
quickly press internet radio in the same window (before now playing window appears)
switch to task manager and there will be two windows for single instant of media player.
I can confirm this, also locks now playing out until restart.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
If the playback manager makes a good use of provided foreign PIDs, than the cleanest approach would be to rewrite the widget, but I still have to test it and I don't know if I'd have enough time for another project.

Doing what the stock player does wouldn't play well with "Do nothing" set as the exit action or Nicolai's widget, but fortunately the stock widget appears to send different things on D-Bus when there's playback going on, so I'll try to make a use of that.
I did more tests and I think it's impossible to get this to work nicely without rewriting the widget. Using widget's PID when interacting with libplayback does not help anything, but that's not the worst problem. The widget declares that it finished playing only if you press its pause button, not even when the playlist ends. What it means is that whatever happens, unless you press widget's pause button, sooner or later you will encounter a situation in which you have to press the play button one extra time. It is perhaps possible to monitor D-Bus for widget's activity and use the collected information to decide when to take over, but I think it's too much effort to only please the desktop widget.

Instead, I have added an option to act in a way similar to the stock player ("Compatible" method) and it's enabled by default, because it can be disputable which behavior is better. "Reliable" method is what was in the previous version and it is called that way because it doesn't silence notifications based on presses of the play button, but on the actual playing state, so it doesn't get confused even if you change the state using another application while OMP is open. Although "Reliable" will cause the music to be stopped after clicking the stock widget, it should be less of a pain with today's update, because Now Playing will be opened, like in the stock player.

That said, it might be a good moment to list all changes for today's update.
  • Dropped the hack behind "Headset button action" at the cost of making this feature CSSU-only, but then it works also with "Prevent playback interruptions".
  • Added an option to choose a method of silencing notifications.
  • Added Dark Lyrics plugin.
  • Fixed UTF-8 in AZLyrics plugin.
  • Fixed problems with opening some streams.
  • Improved feedback when opening streams by bouncing the buffering bar.
  • Fixed outdated buffering info sometimes being shown after changing a station.
  • Prevented detached and dead windows from appearing when activating the playback indicator and something else shortly thereafter.
  • open_mp_now_playing_playback_on and open_mp_radio_playing_playback_on (used by the desktop widget) open the appropriate window.
  • Added the missing shortcut to close the album art menu.
  • Optified the package with debugging symbols.
  • Updated translations.

From now on, if you want to use "Headset button action", you need policy-settings-rx51 modified by Pali, which also remedies issues with "Prevent playback interruptions" enabled at the same time. policy-settings-rx51 0.4.10.8+0m5 is a part of CSSU T-maemo5, but if you don't want to install/update CSSU, installing the package from http://repository.maemo.org/communit...settings-rx51/ manually might also work.

Edit: Clicked the submit button too soon.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
One thing I noticed today was that settings for the headset are only updated when the headset is removed and then reinserted.
With "Prevent playback interruptions" skipping worked that way and pause/resume was completely broken. With latest OMP and CSSU there shouldn't be any problems.

Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Found a strange thing too, dont know if its just me.

Well, when I add new albums the thumbnails isnt imported in the All Album view.
But if I play the album the thumbnail is there.
If the files are not named "cover.jpg", Tracker won't pick them up. If you play a song without a cover, OMP looks by itself for "cover.jpg" (in case Tracker failed for some reason or the cover was removed from the cache), "front.jpg" and "folder.jpg". Hopefully it explains what's going on.

Last edited by gidzzz; 2012-09-12 at 17:05.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse