Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Montreal
Hello all,

I've solved the bug mentioned previously in the thread and released 0.9.27. You'll find it in the Maemo extras repository, or alternatively here: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=2160

The only change is a few extra debug traces and re-enabling built-in cbz/zip file support (i.e., support without calling an external program).

Enjoy this release!

-- BGE

The Following User Says Thank You to bge For This Useful Post:
thanks!!!!cbrPager(0.9.25) works fine on my 770(2008he), but overnight , I got my 770 rebooting always after i view .cbr file . the dmesg prints some jffs2 crc error.

I suppose that unrar or pipe write/delete some temporary file in internal flash and make lots of dirty block, watchdog timer is triggered and reset 770 when jffs2 garbage collection thread eat 100% cpu.

the atuo-reboot problem not occur if i just view .cbz file.

cbrPager is, by far, my favorite image-ebook reader for 770,light, fast. i hope there's an option to scrolling by 100% of screen size.

Last edited by myp2p; 2008-11-10 at 12:23.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by myp2p View Post
thanks!!!!cbrPager(0.9.25) works fine on my 770(2008he), but overnight , I got my 770 rebooting always after i view .cbr file . the dmesg prints some jffs2 crc error.

I suppose that unrar or pipe write/delete some temporary file in internal flash and make lots of dirty block, watchdog timer is triggered and reset 770 when jffs2 garbage collection thread eat 100% cpu.

the atuo-reboot problem not occur if i just view .cbz file.

cbrPager is, by far, my favorite image-ebook reader for 770,light, fast. i hope there's an option to scrolling by 100% of screen size.

Probably unrar is the culprit, because cbrPager does not create temporary files since a few releases back. I wish I could include the unrar libs directly in the software (like I did with the unzip libs), but the license is not GPL-compatible.

As far as the 100% screen size scroll--you mean when using the "page up" and "page down" options, right? It's not a totally crazy idea, I just didn't bother to make the scroll page size configurable.

Well, I'm glad it works on the 770, as this is not at all expected. I'm curious as to what the page change delay is, roughly, given that the 770 has a slower processor.

Finally, try 0.9.27, it's got a few nice extras.

-- BGE

Originally Posted by bge View Post
Probably unrar is the culprit, because cbrPager does not create temporary files since a few releases back. I wish I could include the unrar libs directly in the software (like I did with the unzip libs), but the license is not GPL-compatible.

As far as the 100% screen size scroll--you mean when using the "page up" and "page down" options, right? It's not a totally crazy idea, I just didn't bother to make the scroll page size configurable.

Well, I'm glad it works on the 770, as this is not at all expected. I'm curious as to what the page change delay is, roughly, given that the 770 has a slower processor.

Finally, try 0.9.27, it's got a few nice extras.

-- BGE

On the 770,Page change delay is acceptable even though the imagecache is disabled, i extract image from a scanned PDF document, using cbrpager as PDF Viewer replacement because envice is very slow and the zoom quality of built-in pdfviewer is poor. 100% screen size scroll----it will improve the reading experience of the scanned text image. it get more use out of a comic viewer.

Last edited by myp2p; 2008-11-16 at 08:38.

Finally got a chance to play around with this some more...

Seems like everything works as intended and I have to say, I haven't encountered any bugs in the last week or so I've used it, very very nice!

I noticed something that kinds bugs me sometimes, though... sometimes when you just want to drag the page up or down, you'll hit the onscreen area for next or previous, even when you're just dragging and the page will change.

Probably the "double-tap" bug from Nokia's side, but maybe having an option to disable the next/previous onscreen "buttons" would be nice.

Happens alot when i'm trying to drag from the very edges of the screen in order to not block the image, and i have to tell myself to drag closer to the center

wonderful work. But could you add a option to change the background color? Because NIT is perfect for displaying the comic strips which each story are only three pictures like Garfield, Peanuts, etc. You will see a large blank area with white color when you use cbrPager. If the color can change to black or whatever, that is perfect. Anyway, thank you very much.

I'm not sure if bge is still following this thread, but I discovered a weird issue (not really cbrpager's fault).

This issue only applies with dbus-switchboard and is some bad 'magic'

cbrpager does not add mime type for cbr files... -but- the unrar package -does- for rar files and it uses something called magic for detecting if files are rar files. For some reason this magic pattern is bypassing the 'last-chance' mime type application/octet-steam from being the handler selected... so it asks you what you want to do with the file when you try to click on cbr from file manager (with dbus-switchboard installed).

Some workarounds :

One solution would be to add official mime package, similar to unrar (see usr/share/mime/packages/unrar.xml) except use glob patterns of .cbr. Perhaps this would establish 'real' mime type to associate with.

Another solution for individuals would be to delete that /usr/share/mime/packages/unrar.xml file and then run (as root) update-mime-database /usr/share/mime This would probably disable file manager integration for rar files so only do this if you installed rar just for cbrpager.

You might also be able to edit the file above and just remove the magic-priority section where it detects bytes 'rar!'

Does anyone know if the author of unrar uses this forum (and who he is?)... maybe there is a good reason why file extension is not enough and he has to include that pattern detection... if not maybe i could get him to fix his mime package.

Last edited by pipeline; 2009-02-25 at 01:58.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Saint Paul, mn
I have a few comics that open in cDisplay on windows(which is an awesome app)... but not in the cbrpager. In fact, I have gotten nothing to work. Everything loads with the info box saying "no pages loaded..." using diablo and would love to make this work.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Well, it works for everyone here so try and tell us what might be different in your situation: What kind of file type are the comics? Can you tell us which comic and where you got it so someone else can test? Do you have unzip and unrar installed?

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Saint Paul, mn
left it on today with cbrpager open and it froze. The tablet gave me the message that "cbr pager is not responding. Would I like to close it" but all attempts failed.

But, you were exactly right. Unrar and unzip have to both be installed. Sorry. RTFM... I know.

Tags
cbrpager, comics, lightweight, manga, reader