Active Topics

Notices

For a quick port this works nice thanks for doing this.

space harrier, out run and vulcan venture run really well and this just backs my argument that an older mame version (0.37) ported would run roms so much better than the current mame we have available.

**REQUEST**

is anybody available to try doing a quick port of mame4all (0.37) from the Gp2x wiz??

i will beg if i have to.

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post:
can this have 2 player support?

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Anyone knows if this emulator suports usb joystick? Or ps3 sixaxis but mine is broken at the moment, I think it suports ps3 but not sure about usb gamepad (joystick).

Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Anyone knows if this emulator suports usb joystick? Or ps3 sixaxis but mine is broken at the moment, I think it suports ps3 but not sure about usb gamepad (joystick).
It definately supports sixaxis, not sure about usb joystick (joypad).

The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post:
Thank you for replying, I knew because when configuring keys on FBA we press the hw keys on N900 and as I remember my sixaxis keys were q w e a s d space and enter, I could see them when sixaxis connected and using Notes app, but usb joystick is not related to any key while connected, maybe someone could look to the FBA source code to try to add joystick support because Mame supports I think and they look similar (some roms both support) except FBA is much better and faster. Will upload a video soon.

Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Thank you for replying, I knew because when configuring keys on FBA we press the hw keys on N900 and as I remember my sixaxis keys were q w e a s d space and enter, I could see them when sixaxis connected and using Notes app, but usb joystick is not related to any key while connected, maybe someone could look to the FBA source code to try to add joystick support because Mame supports I think and they look similar (some roms both support) except FBA is much better and faster. Will upload a video soon.
Are you new to the n900 i haven't looked at your profile but i see you joined 2010 ?

No, no way, I'm an experienced N900 user!!! This is my 2nd already, the other one was stollen on June 2011, got it on September 2010 and this one I got last December, have reflashed phone more than twice, actually I'm needing to do it now as my camera is not working since 10 days ago!!!

Wow sounds like you had/having problems with your n900. i have been lucky, this is my 2nd n900 the 1st one the usb connector broke so i had to send it back and they replaced it with a new one and never had to refash any of them.

Sounds like your a retro gamer like myself i wish someone out there would attempt to port an old version of mame i am confident it would run better than FBA.

i have requested this many times and still no joy its getting to the point where i may have to start begging.

Yes I am having problems, N900 is a great phone, but has these conflict with packages problem, worse that I had the 'camera operation failed' problem before but I knew wich software was causing it (fcam and/or blessN900) but now I don't know, so I will have to reflash, actually I think it started after I installed PSX-dbg app, why did I install that? If psx emulator was already working fine, 8 tought that would make the emulator better or add funcionalithy, but problem it doesn' show on App Man, neither can' deinstall in X-terminal, I should start a thread or search, maybe I will not need to reflash!
Yes, I am a big fan of retro games, they were part of my adolescence, street fighter, mortal kombat, the king of fighters, mostly fighting games.

Can't help you on the camera issue i'm afraid.

The fighting games i played in the arcades when i was a kid were pit fighter, kung-fu master, yie ar kung-fu and double dragan etc etc. i am not so keen on the street fighter games nor king of fighters series.

**WE NEED 1 ARCADE EMULATOR WHICH HAS A GOOD COMPATIBLE ROMLIST**

MAME - is good but is very hit and miss on rom performance but has a large romlist

FBA - is an improvement on rom performance but has a small romlist.

Please can someone try porting an older version of mame (version 0.37 for example) so we can have an arcade emulator which runs 2000+ roms (ok older games) but with good compatibility and performance without having to overclock.

i am now officially begging.