Active Topics

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
OVP seems broken on PR1.2: all videos have length of 59:59 and won't play. Curiously enough, for me, cutetube keeps working great. I thought they shared the same core for video playback.
Btw it's good practice to answer people when they talk to you, expecially when they do kindly and with good intentions.
I have explained on multiple occasions that the QML Video plugin is fundamentally broken, hence the playback problems. That is the limiting factor in this project, and I am not prepared to waste any more of my time on it. However, since it is open source, there is nothing to stop anyone else from downloading the source code and doing whatever they want with it.

Btw, I cannot monitor these threads 24 hours a day. I have nine threads here dedicated to my projects, plus all the emails, tweets, DMs and PMs that I get.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-03-01 at 03:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Well first off thanks Marxian for all you've done on this app, Since I updated to PR 1.2 I was having the same issue as Etchelon, so I took your advice and downloaded the source etc. It's worth pointing out for others sakes not to expect any real fixes from the fact that I'm looking at the code, anyways I'm not sure if it made a difference but I aready had OVP installed, where it would just load with it's spinning circle instead of playing any video.
Long story short I installed OVP from the source code via QtCreator and sdk mode etc, and it now works like it did before I updated to PR 1.2, not sure how it compares bug wise since I was using an earlier version of OVP before I updated to PR1.2, but yeah that's a bit of a work around for anyone that has the QtSDK handy. Whether it made a difference that OVP 0.04 was still installed when I installed it via SDK I don't know, though I thought it would be more trouble than anything at the time lol.
Have to say I'm relieved since OVP's one of the first app's on my wish list, being able to play vids in the background and while the phone's locked.

Edit/PS... I didn't edit one line of code before installing.

Last edited by HanzBlix; 2012-03-01 at 22:29.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I have explained on multiple occasions that the QML Video plugin is fundamentally broken, hence the playback problems. That is the limiting factor in this project, and I am not prepared to waste any more of my time on it. However, since it is open source, there is nothing to stop anyone else from downloading the source code and doing whatever they want with it.

Btw, I cannot monitor these threads 24 hours a day. I have nine threads here dedicated to my projects, plus all the emails, tweets, DMs and PMs that I get.
I thanked you

you're a good person

Originally Posted by marxian View Post

I didn't know that sorry, couldn't read 15 pages, and I only wrote here because before the update this app worked, so I just thought it was a quick fix for you due to the update, not a problem radicated in QML.

And I was referring to my own PM, but doesn't matter, wasn't important.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
ok since doing another fresh flash, due to an unrelated app, I found that OVP 0.04 installed and worked correctly first pop, so I think my issue was actually that I had 0.02 installed on PR 1.2 before I installed 0.04, so yeah turns out that it was 0.02 that didn't work on PR 1.2.
Not sure if 0.04 would work if 0.02 had've been uninstalled first, or if it was the fact I updated to PR1.2 while 0.02 was installed.

I have no problems after updating to pr1.2 as mentioned in this thread. I guess it only applies to version 0.0.2

I attached source & deb of 0.04 version with better performance for showing subtitle files.

*update : I forgot to add the compiled deb file
Attached Files
File Type: zip openvideoplayer.zip (400.9 KB, 173 views)
File Type: deb openvideoplayer_0.0.4_armel.deb (307.3 KB, 243 views)

Last edited by dvk; 2012-03-07 at 14:07.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Antipodes
Sadly I have tried everything (within my limited ability) to get this working. with the above zip file, do I have run this via terminal? I was using this player everyday as I need subtitle function. No version will work! are there any legacy files left from older installations that I should remove?

I have Harmattan 1.2 and OVP 0.0.4 and it works as good as before I updated to 1.2.

Marxian, have you stopped develop OVP entirely? Just asking out of curiosity because I love this player and it would rock if there would be a streaming option in the future.

Thanks for the best video player for N9.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wasserkuhl View Post
Sadly I have tried everything (within my limited ability) to get this working. with the above zip file, do I have run this via terminal?
I addded the deb file, so you can install it by clicking the file in the browser on the N9.

Originally Posted by wasserkuhl View Post
No version will work! are there any legacy files left from older installations that I should remove?
What exactly is the problem? You can't run the app or video won't play?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Antipodes
Originally Posted by dvk View Post
I addded the deb file, so you can install it by clicking the file in the browser on the N9.

What exactly is the problem? You can't run the app or video won't play?
Hi, videos wont play, just the spinning circle. Any thoughts? I had 0.0.2 prior to pr 1.2, after update it didnt work. Un-installed, installed 0.0.4 same thing. This is a great application and I miss it! I have started usingmy N900 again!

Tags
more features, video player