Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
I am the maintainer of the package, yes. I got your email and I will try to work in some time to update the applet. I will also look into qwerty12's change as an option.
thank you very much!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
I will also look into qwerty12's change as an option.
Don't use that patch there, then.

I have a cleaner version where I don't use GString and co. because the older ICD D-Bus API has method calls that will just return the ID as a string instead of as an array. The marshaller isn't needed, either, if I remember correctly.

I'll put up my newer one tomorrow but it still has its problems (but I don't need to mess around with recieving the ID in a signal callback anymore; I get to retrieve it from the method call which, quite frankly, means less ****ing around).

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-01-20 at 01:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
A feature or new app that I'd love along these lines would be to show the current send/recv of the interface. So you can see what your current active transfer rate is.

Personal-Bandwidth-monitor maybe?

Oh and thank you for this great app. It's got a very permanent place on my main desktop.

Originally Posted by DaveR53 View Post
A feature or new app that I'd love along these lines would be to show the current send/recv of the interface. So you can see what your current active transfer rate is.

Personal-Bandwidth-monitor maybe?

Oh and thank you for this great app. It's got a very permanent place on my main desktop.
I would like to see something like this too.
Haven't found a command/shell script for checking the current transfer rate (from the whole system, not a particular operation).

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by ivnvir View Post
I would like to see something like this too.
Haven't found a command/shell script for checking the current transfer rate (from the whole system, not a particular operation).
One simple way would be to read the values with a time difference, calculate their difference and divide by the time.

The complicated part, I guess, is to make it stop reading when not needed so that it doesn't waste the battery and not wake up unnecessarily from power saving modes.

EDIT: if it is just for monitoring to check for problems though a tool like this might be interesting.

Last edited by Saturn; 2010-03-09 at 01:33.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Very nice app! Thanks for all participants in the project!
I also would like disconnect by clicking feature to be added like some other users suggested.
Thank you!

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Okay, after a lengthy hiatus there is a new version of Personal IP Address - version 0.4-1

This version is in extras-devel, but I have been using it on my device for several months. I will promote it soon. If some people would like to test and report back, that would be helpful.

This version has a configurable "disconnect on click" feature that will disconnect from the network (if you are connected). It also allows you to choose to display either the interface name (ie. wlan) or network name (ie. linksys) that you are connected to.

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
I've updated "Personal IP Widget" but now it is a bit wider than before and is overlapping another icon.
How do I revert it to the size it had before?

Edit:
There was an update today, but the width is the same. Can you make it resizeable?

Last edited by Mr. Incredible; 2010-05-27 at 09:30.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
Thank you for this great widget, i've been using it for months. not sure if this widget is still being developed, but i think i have found a bug. after upgrading to PR 1.3 every time i tap the widget to select an internet connection, a banner pops up on the screen saying "No saved connection available", however if i navigate to Status Menu > Internet connection, the same "Select connection" list appears but without the banner appearing. this leads me to believe that banner has something to do with the way this widget is calling the "Select connection" list. on a side note, this is only a cosmetic bug and has no real adverse functionality on the widget in general. thank you for your time and consideration.

EDIT:

Filed a bug report.

Last edited by tokag; 2011-02-15 at 23:14.

Tags
desktop, fremantle, ip address, widget