Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
N900/nitdroid 0.0.8 with
Adobe Flash Player 10.1 (10.1.61.68)

1st: this is NOT iphone yet, PLEASE dont compare with iphone
2nd: it is NOT prime time yet, so watch carefully, it crashes alot especially when doing other tasks while youtube is playing, like change volume, zoom in/out, drag screen around etc. If crashed, just carefully take out your battery and put it back. What a big deal. All hacker does it at some point. If you have not done that before, you should try it, make you feel like you are a big linux developer or hacker... Your N900 will stay the same, dont worry

If you just search, play and wait for video finish before doing other task, no crash for me over 30 min of playing.

m.youtube.com does not work for me
youtube player does not work for me
opera mini (5.1) complaint about needing flash player update

go www.youtube.com, search, then play, it will play your favorite youtube video and flash momentarily "video is not optimized for mobile version.", and yes, volume is so low, you have to plug in your earplug.

If your browser goes only to m.youtube.com, scroll to the bottom of the website, on right lower corner, click desktop, it will get you out of the mobile website.

If ALL fails, just use my links, and bookmark it, it should work, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqXek...eature=related

Depends on the video, some plays better than the other.
1) Animation, complete smooth play, no problem
2) older videoes, plays almost smooth, watchable
3) newer HD, plays, but stuttering and with a/v desync

dont know about you, I am now watching lynard skynard's free bird.......

enjoy,

bun

Edit: download and install OI update from market, tells you about version of your apps, comes handy
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-10-07 at 03:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
...and the meaning of this thread is?......

we all know that NITDROID plays youtube videos and has flash 10.1

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
No. No. No.

Nitdroid, android, droid all have flash player 10.1 and that is the end of statement. Playing youtube is a totally different ball game.

BTW, while playing a youtube video, I click a google ad, both videos play side by side without any problem. Yes, 2 video windows playing simultaneous implies, the stuttering has NOT reach the hardware limitation of n900. Intersting.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-10-07 at 04:00.

Sophocha is right. I uploaded videos a while ago showing Youtube working on Nitdroid.

Tags
n900s, nitdroid, youtube