From the comment and picture below, I'm wondering if Nokia is using a different kind of plastic in the 900s. The 800 has a great feel. I don't think you have an 800, but how does the feel compare to your n9?

So, that's ding one: some unequivocal ball dropping on Nokia's part. Are you prepared for aesthetic con number two? This change is more subtle and once again, it wasn't for the best. If you've ever held an 800 in hand, you know how premium it feels. Inevitably, then, you'll notice the change in this handset's texture. A body that was once smooth and polished has grown rougher in its journey across the Atlantic. Of course, most consumers will probably be none the wiser, having never handled the Lumia that started it all.

Both picture and comment are from here:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/03/n...ia-900-review/

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Before Elop made the Microsoft announcement, I stated that if Nokia went with WP7 that I would buy one. Before that strategic partnership was fully announced, I just didn't think it was a good possibility that it would happen.

Boy was I wrong.

So here it is - went with the cyan one since I already have 2 black N9's.

Kept my word.
OK, So what do you think about it?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
should i say wow?

So here it is - went with the cyan one since I already have 2 black N9's.

Kept my word.
Do they have different warning stickers like they do with cigarette packets and alcohol in the US? I have never seen warning stickers like that before.

Maybe with photos too, you could have shot a mangled car and in the foreground have the severed arm still holding an iphone? That would be some awesome subliminal anti competitor propaganda right there,

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
From the comment and picture below, I'm wondering if Nokia is using a different kind of plastic in the 900s. The 800 has a great feel. I don't think you have an 800, but how does the feel compare to your n9?
It's decidedly more matte, a bit more rough actually. I noticed that in the store. It's not bad, but it's a bit different.

And I've handled a 800, it's even slightly different from that. I'd say that the N9 has a more quality, almost denser feel to it. The plastic on the Lumia 900 seems like it's less dense, more "rough".

Originally Posted by MINKIN2
Do they have different warning stickers like they do with cigarette packets and alcohol in the US? I have never seen warning stickers like that before.
It's an AT&T campaign where they're trying to tell idiots not to drive and text.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
should i say wow?
Yes... yes you should. I'll be waiting for your wow, patiently by the computer, eagerly awaiting your approval.

Seriously. I'm waiting.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
lol okay, woooooooow, amazing L900,

is that enough?

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
lol okay, woooooooow, amazing L900

is that enough?
You have pleased me. Thank you very much

You have pleased me. Thank you very much
In this scenario, you are Cleveland (as always). I'm the jelous and hurt Rallo which makes ibrakalifa as Donna.

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
In this scenario, you are Cleveland (as always). I'm the jelous and hurt Rallo which makes ibrakalifa as Donna.
I just love your imagination. And I read your entire post in Cleveland's voice.

Tags
promises, windows phone