Active Topics

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Pureview, free music streaming, augmented reality..

The list of insane features just keeps growing, and the new hardware it's phenomenal.

Anybody else shattered this is really happening?

Like seeing your ex with someone else..

:'(

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I don't know.... If the main drawbacks of WP7 aren't addressed (no way to exchange files without zune or skydrive on windows, no way to sync contacts, forced registration,...), I'm not too excited.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
Pureview, free music streaming, augmented reality..

The list of insane features just keeps growing, and the new hardware it's phenomenal.

Anybody else shattered this is really happening?

Like seeing your ex with someone else..

:'(
'Free' music streaming is hardly new.

Pureview is now a totally empty marketing term. The 'Pureview' in the Lumias is nothing even remotely like the hardware (or software) in the 808. There's absolutely no way it'll match older cameraphones, let alone the 808.

Augmented reality. Again, been around for ages.

The designs and colours are nice, sure. But they still won't sell and the networks and consumers won't want them as long as they have WP.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I don't think that we'll see a WP surpassing the N8 (let alone 808) in camera capabilities anytime soon.

The so-called Pureview on Nokia's WP8 phones is only 8MP. It's an abuse of the term Pureview as implemented on the 808.

The casing design is also stolen from N9. What's there to like?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
The so-called Pureview on Nokia's WP8 phones is only 8MP. It's an abuse of the term Pureview as implemented on the 808.

Of course it is but hey... why should they care? The majority won't know the difference. They will just see the pureview logo and drool.

About the casing design... same thing.
Most people anyway think that this design was introduced by the Lumia 800.

True story.. I see it forums, I also experience it in real life. "Hey! that's the Lumia 800, right?!!". And I'm like "duhhhh..."

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Calm Down peepz... The n9 is more than a year old and still rocking... Don't worry about its design being stolen etc...Its legendary and nothing will change that...

Now onto WP8, this is the first time in a long long time that Nokia is bringing something that can stand tall in the specs war [Don't tell me about the n8 and n808; we all know their deficiencies too...And this is coming from someone for who WP is very meh]...We don't know about the pureview 8mp nonsense yet...After all why label 920 8mp pureview and 820 just 8MP...There might be some reasoning to it...Its one day away lets sit back and watch the show...All this should not concern us

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post

I like it At least they they did not copy the 808's design - so I can show my much more ergonomically designed 808 without concurrently being forced to act as living advertisement for the "all new Lumia"

And Microkiasoft marketing department made it clear in a pitiful way how far away the ensemble of technology previously known as Pureview is from truly landing on the WP platform

you know what? no, it really bothers me that people think I have a L800.
And I see that everywhere. Noone knows about the N9.

It's a shame. Great things should be recognized and appreciated

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Since when do you get jealous over a whore? Microhard's red light district show.
What a sad day when Microhard sent in their trojan horse to destroy the linux in this company and then use it to give more patents to linux hostile patent trolls like MOSAID and Vringo so they can continue their proxy war on Linux.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post: