Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
I can report that the new version 1.2.0 with poor maps GL works beautifully on my Xperia X / Sailfish X. Rendering speed of the maps is blazingly fast and looks quite nice.

So again thanks for the great work on this essential piece of native SFOS software.
Thank you very much for reporting! Is it against OSM Scout Server or online maps by Mapbox?

PS: Ahh, now I can see that its against the server .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
Poor Maps GL with OSM scout server and vector tiles only work when online. Wifi or mobile data. Is this the intention behaviour. Great work! Is it possible to have 2 fingers panning in Poor Maps for vector tiles?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PamNor View Post
Poor Maps GL with OSM scout server and vector tiles only work when online. Wifi or mobile data. Is this the intention behaviour. Great work! Is it possible to have 2 fingers panning in Poor Maps for vector tiles?
Same reported at OpenRepos few minutes ago - https://openrepos.net/comment/22975#comment-22975 . Not intended by me, I will look into it ASAP.

As for 2 fingers panning - not sure what you mean.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Same reported at OpenRepos few minutes ago - https://openrepos.net/comment/22975#comment-22975 . Not intended by me, I will look into it ASAP.

As for 2 fingers panning - not sure what you mean.
Sorry. English is not my native language. I meant. 2 fingers gesture to change pitch in vector tiles. I tried demo mapbox-sfos and was very impressed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PamNor View Post
Sorry. English is not my native language. I meant. 2 fingers gesture to change pitch in vector tiles. I tried demo mapbox-sfos and was very impressed.
In demo I had a pitch slider. I am sure we'll get that too, we could link the angle to the speed, for example. There are lots of things possible, its early days and I would expect lots of polish later. Don't forget, we'll get map client developers on board in addition (Poor Maps proper and modRana and maybe more will join). Right now I have to get the basics right, to fix strange bugs as we have with the network access.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Don't forget, we'll get map client developers on board in addition (Poor Maps proper and modRana and maybe more will join).
Mapbox GL integration is currently my top priority in modRana, together with better voice output.

It will likely not be easy to support everything modRana does (routing/navigation/POI/on map markers, logging trace, overlays) right away, but I would like to have Mapbox GL support available in some form soon, so that users can provide feedback.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Network access issue seems to be Qt bug. Full description via "official" channel, see https://together.jolla.com/question/175944

Please vote for it to get attention and higher probability to get the fix

Last edited by rinigus; 2017-12-12 at 07:44. Reason: updte url

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
There maybe a workaround by switching Mapbox GL over to curl. I will try tonight and see whether it can be easily done (there is a hope that it is).

Still, in long term, we will need a proper fix and not having locally-patched-somewhat-different-QMapboxGL. So, the votes are needed for Jolla to take the notice

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2017 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
For that reason it might make sense to also take a look at the QML map component used by Foursail:
https://github.com/Maledictus/foursa...l/PinchMap.qml

It should be quite similar to the modRana PinchMap (both modRana and Frousail projects started with the old PoinchMap.qml from AGTL), a bit less advanced and possibly quite a bit more standalone.
That was a really good tip from you. I recently had a little bit of spare time and looked into PinchMap used by FourSail. With some slight modifications it is now doing most of the things I want.

However there is one thing I don't even know how to start with. It's track lines. The only idea I have right now, is to draw a qml image with a small dot on every track coordinate. But that's thousand of images, I don't know if that makes sense. May I ask how you did that in modRana?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by jdrescher View Post
That was a really good tip from you. I recently had a little bit of spare time and looked into PinchMap used by FourSail. With some slight modifications it is now doing most of the things I want.

However there is one thing I don't even know how to start with. It's track lines. The only idea I have right now, is to draw a qml image with a small dot on every track coordinate. But that's thousand of images, I don't know if that makes sense. May I ask how you did that in modRana?
I'm using a Canvas element on top of the map to draw routes, tracklogs & the track recording trace:

- recording trace paint method
- tracklog paint method
- route paint method

The canvas is moved around when the map is panned and redrawn when needed (zoom in/out, the polyline changed, clear the polyline, etc.).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles