Notices

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Is it possible to download and test the newest version on N9 somehow or must one wait till it get to the Store ?

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
@segfaults
I have just uploaded 2.4.7 that might fix the segfaults. So please upgrade and report back.

@up-to-date Mieru package for Harmattan
Is available from the the Mieru OBS repository. It should show up at about the same time I submit the package to Fremantle autobuilder and sometimes earlier.

BTW, an updated Ovi store package is already in the QA.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
I found Mieru while looking harmattan apps on transifex and translated it to Finnish language. There are probably some translation errors so I hope that other Finns will also fix those when they notice them.

Link for the Finnish translation on transifex: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/mieru/language/fi/

Thanks for the great app. Finally I can read Iron Sky comic I bought long time ago

The Following User Says Thank You to mve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Added a dutch translation.

Originally Posted by mve View Post
I found Mieru while looking harmattan apps on transifex and translated it to Finnish language. There are probably some translation errors so I hope that other Finns will also fix those when they notice them.

Link for the Finnish translation on transifex: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/mieru/language/fi/

Thanks for the great app. Finally I can read Iron Sky comic I bought long time ago
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Added a dutch translation.

Thanks a lot !
I've already integrated and released the Finnish translation (together with a Vietnamese one that also surfaced on Transifex) and will do the same for the Dutch one right away !

UPDATE: Looks like someone is working on French translation at this very moment on Transifex.

BTW, would someone also be interested in translating the package description ?

Code:
Mieru is a flexible manga and comic book viewer.
NOTE: page turning works by tapping the left or right half of the screen
Mieru supports all common manga and comic book storage formats including
zip and rar archives and plain images in a folder.
* automatic previous/next chapter loading
* history of last open titles
* elegant and touch friendly interface
* pinch zoom support
* reopens on last open page and page region
* rotation lock

Debian packages support localized descriptions as do some repositories (Ovi does, not sure about Apps4MeeGo) so it would definitely come handy.

I've created a translation page on the wiki (Czech & simplified Chinese translations are already done) - but just posting it here is also fine.

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-09-02 at 22:46.

=== French ===
Mieru est un lecteur de mangas et comics flexible.
NOTE: tourner les pages fonctionne en appuyant sur la partie gauche ou droite de l'écran.
Mieru supporte tous les formats de stockage de mangas et comics usuels, incluant
archives zip et rar et images dans un répertoire.
* chargement automatique du chapitre précédent/suivant
* historique des derniers titres ouverts
* interface élégante et adaptée au tactile
* support du 'pinch zoom', pincer pour zoomer
* s'ouvre à nouveau sur la dernière page et région ouverte.
* verrou de rotation

The Following User Says Thank You to darodi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
==Vietnamese==
Mieru là một ứng dụng đọc truyện tranh đa năng.
Lưu ý: chuyển trang bằng cách bấm vào bên trái hoặc bên phải màn hình.
Mieru hỗ trợ tất cả định dạng thường dùng trong việc đóng gói truyện tranh, trong đó bao gồm cả zip, rar và thư mục chứa hình ảnh.
* tự động mở chương tiếp theo hoặc trước đó
* lịch sử các mục đã được mở
* giao diện trang nhã và thân thiện với màn hình cảm ứng
* hỗ trợ "pinch zoom"
* tự mở trang và góc xem của lần trước đó
* khóa chế độ xoay màn hình

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
I updated the wiki page for dutch.

One question/remark: I added "if supported" in brackets after the pinch zoom support. I did that because I suppose you are referring to a multitouch gesture zoom function? If so, it is not supported on the N900. It could be I misunderstood what you meant by this, than I will change the wiki text again.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Swirl gesture for zooming in Fremantle would be a killer feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by darodi View Post
=== French ===
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
==Vietnamese==
I updated the wiki page for dutch.
Thanks a lot !

One question/remark: I added "if supported" in brackets after the pinch zoom support. I did that because I suppose you are referring to a multitouch gesture zoom function? If so, it is not supported on the N900. It could be I misunderstood what you meant by this, than I will change the wiki text again.
Good point - you are absolutely correct. Mieru currently supports only the multi-touch pinch zoom, which of course doesn't work on resistive screen and other single-touch devices.

Of course, I'd like to add some other zooming methods that work on single-touch devices in the future.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Swirl gesture for zooming in Fremantle would be a killer feature.
Yep, that would be one possibility - the only problem is that if I'm not mistaken, the swirl zoom detection algorithm is a part of the closed MicroB UI and would have to be reimplemented from scratch.

Other options:
  • on-screen zoom buttons
  • zooming with keyboard keys
  • press the screen for 1 second -> you get some feedback (notification/vibration) -> and then you can move your finger up to zoom in or down to zoom out