Originally Posted by slarti View Post
What is the best way to start this from the command line?
Qt Creator seems to have written "/usr/bin/single-instance /opt/meegotouchhome-incar/bin/meegotouchhome-incar" in the .desktop file, but I suppose just running /opt/meegotouchhome-incar/bin/meegotouchhome-incar should work just as well.

I'm using an NFC tag on my car holder which is "seen" by ProfileMatic. Profilematic then switches Bluetooth on and launches a script that starts the drive-app, music player and Backlighter (to keep the screen on). Once the phone is removed from the holder, PM disables BT and kills the apps. I'd like to add In Car Home Screen to these apps.
Ah, sounds like I shouldn't replicate those features in In Car Home Screen itself, then.

P.S. It would be cool if your app handled disabling the screensaver because Backlighter takes a while to start up.
Yep, this is probably one of my first priorities since it's somewhat annoying to have the touch screen lock come up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
It would be great if the music controls would work without having to start music player first.
I'm not sure how that would work since the music player is the one actually playing the music... I don't think there's a way to start it on the background and have it start playing right away, but I can of course investigate whether there's a way to achieve something better than what's there now.

Originally Posted by tommo View Post
the only thing i find is sometimes missing the next button on the music player and thus opening the music application, maybe you could make this zone a bit smaller??
Do you mean you accidentally start the music application? When does this happen / what are you trying to do when it happens? Which area would you like to be smaller?

Originally Posted by Vesuri View Post
Ah, sounds like I shouldn't replicate those features in In Car Home Screen itself, then.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I don't have a use for them, but that doesn't necessarily mean that others wouldn't find them useful .

Happened to me too when pressing forward button player controll.

Do you mean you accidentally start the music application? When does this happen / what are you trying to do when it happens? Which area would you like to be smaller?
When using in landscape, the bit underneath the music controls also open the music application, might be better if it was only above the controls.....

@Vesuri
I'll probably buy this app, but is there a possibility to implement „autoanswer” of phone calls? I mean like we have in „ProfileX” from Nicolai in N900.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand

It'd be better if you wouldn't hack it but I would investigate and fix the root cause, if possible. Where can I find the installation package for the Waze application version you're using? Does it work fine with the default home screen?
Thanks Vesuri - This is really excellent!

I wanted to use this in combination with ContactLaunch to give me a simple screen with single button touch to call home/wife etc....

but I do have the same issue as Schturman though with missing icons when i set a couple of the application references to use ContactLaunch direct dial shortcuts.

The .desktop files are pointing to their respective icons in "/home/user/.contactlaunch" and the icons are located and working fine on the default home screen.

I have not continued and hacked around with icon locations as this seems to be more of a case of your application expecting icons to be in a (standard?) location and perhaps they are not?

Is this something i should modify myself or are you likely to be able to work out if this is something fixable (& to be fixed if it is )?

I use GConfik btw to edit the applications entries - nice & friendly that way

While driving home I had another great idea.

I really loved the PR1.2 music player beahavior while driving a car. Tapping the album cover did start/pause the song and swiping the cover did change the track backward/forward. I really would like to have this behavior in "In Car Home Screen".

Made mockups for better understanding

seems to be that at the moment the whole purple area starts the music-suite, which can be very annoying at in-car use and destroys a bit the purpose of this app

Last edited by Morpog; 2012-09-21 at 20:47.

seems to be that at the moment the whole purple area starts the music-suite
Yep, you're right.

which can be very annoying at in-car use and destroys a bit the purpose of this app
A bit of an overstatement IMHO, but I got your point . I'll try to come up with a way to A) be able to start the music player easily when it's not playing and B) be able to ignore the music player when it's not playing. I suppose the only real problem is that the music player starts too easily.

The next version definitely will contain many of the most requested improvements and I'll work on it as soon as I have the time. I have to say I'm again real busy, but I'll try to fix the biggest annoyances ASAP

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post: