Active Topics

Jolla does not have many apps. So by not including the app store from Android or a way to use Android apps, Jolla will be limiting the size of their customer base to possibly only people who follow Jolla?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
Jolla does not have many apps. So by not including the app store from Android or a way to use Android apps, Jolla will be limiting the size of their customer base to possibly only people who follow Jolla?
the point being to avoid the goodle ad-revenue machine, that presumably does not preclude using the andoid compatibility layer with a third party android app-store such as aptoid/yandex.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
I was under the impression that Alien Dalvik is included?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by pexi View Post
I was under the impression that Alien Dalvik is included?
Jolla plan to include Alien Dalvik in their Sony Xperia X builds.

But they'll not include the Play store. They offer Aptiode from their store instead. Otherwise you might be able to unofficially install an old version of Play store on the device if you want to.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post

But they'll not include the Play store. They offer Aptiode from their store instead. Otherwise you might be able to unofficially install an old version of Play store on the device if you want to.
Personally I'm happy as long as Whatsapp is supported

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
And Hike!

Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post

I did not know about Aptiode..........Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
check also the yalp store, it provide access to the apps out of the play store. The majority of german local apps are only available via play store and not any other android market. Therefore, i cant always follow the opinion of some guys here.

What is stopping to install play store? I remember it was not a problem with jolla 1, just needed some handywork.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
There is no problem installing Play Store (it's preinstalled on Aqua Fish), but there is a problem downloading or updating applications as Google is excluding us.

I removed all gapps yesterday in the evening. I found out, all apps I'm using do not need the Google services. I'm fine with it. If they don't let me install apps they don't deserve it to have their services on my phone.

Last edited by Hensch; 2017-06-28 at 08:37.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x