Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
@ljo: New build is ready and, hopefully, all works in the latest build as well. If all is fine, I will publish the last build as an official one (on github) and add XZ3 dual, XZ3 single, XZ2 dual to the raster of official builds. Logic is simple: yours XZ3 dual is using the same approach as XZ2 dual does - built on a mixure of single sim and akari hal. So, all should work on non-tested devices as well. If not, its a bug that we should be able to fix. For XZ2c, I mainly expect issues with touchscreen, but those are simple to fix. Hence not publishing that yet.

Let me know how the testing goes.

Note if all is fine, then you don't need to reflash anymore. (unless we make a jump on the base to android 10 if needed, in a year). Next releases should be available via OTA.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ljo View Post
@rinigus, yes, you are right about the sizes - they are already changed here. 4 GB is definitely better than 2,5 GB which was way too little. I had to remove quite a lot in root partition for every update the last years. For some of the version 3 releases it required almost 700 MB free in root partition, so even if downloaded in home it could get hard to fit with OTA (does the method differ between device types?). I would argue 4 GB is the minimum.
Have been using it for some time now and it doesn't seem to cross 1.8gb so far. From the other side, having maps on internal storage makes certain offline maps application just fly. Add photos, videos, and you have a pressure to keep all at /home. I though 4GB is a reasonable compromise for that.

I will look into how we can backup and restore our data properly from recovery. Should look for solutions that allow FS resizing as well. Then it will not be huge pain to resize partitions later...

If anyone knows great backup/restore solution that would allow us to do for ext4, tips are welcome. It should store data in image files (not rsync), allow full restore after reflashing of device, ideally on partitions with different size from the original. Looking at http://www.fsarchiver.org/, but never used it.

@rinigus Flashing latest build now. I will let you know the testing results asap.

The Following User Says Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
@rinigus, all lights GREEN. So please go ahead.

The xa2 feels like a toy in comparison when typing this.

Have a nice evening!

@ljo: thanks a lot! It was easy to fix it all with you. Now discover bugs, file issues, and fix them .

I think the last question, surely for today: when you type ssu lr, do you get repositories from testing? Its sufficient to check

Code:
 - adaptation-community            ... http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/sony:/tama/sailfishos_3.2.0.12/
But, XZ2/XZ3 are fast. Hence I decided to make the port instead of going Xperia 10 way.

@rinigus, Yes, ssu lr gives exactly that entry for 'adaptation-community', and also two other entries '-common' and '-tama-extra'.

I am all with you on xz2/xz3 port vs 10. That was why I got the device immediately to contribute when you reached out.

Find, file, fix will be good for vacation and 36c3.

The feature I find most annoying with the xz3 is that the fingerprint reader is in the middle of the back and camera at 3/4. I touch the camera lens every time to unlock (as on the xa2) and then need to change grip to press the power button to enter code. Even on X and XCompact with fingerprint reader in the power button it felt easier to unlock.

Originally Posted by ljo View Post
The feature I find most annoying with the xz3 is that the fingerprint reader is in the middle of the back and camera at 3/4. I touch the camera lens every time to unlock (as on the xa2) and then need to change grip to press the power button to enter code. Even on X and XCompact with fingerprint reader in the power button it felt easier to unlock.
So far, fingerprint doesn't work, as on all non-official devices. Will have to think whether write open-sourced implementation of the unlocking hooks to SFOS.

For me, main annoyance is mainly slippery device. But that got resolved with a skin.

xz3 (h8416, 2nd hand) or xperia 10+ dual sim (new), cost is very similar excluding SFOS X license fees.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
xz3 (h8416, 2nd hand) or xperia 10+ dual sim (new), cost is very similar excluding SFOS X license fees.
XZ3. I have XZ2 and X10 here. That 21:9 screen itself is enough reason to not get it. Half of android stuff are not made for that. I have no idea how sailfish keyboard would look on that but I know that on android I had to set english as default because it has less keys so it's not that crammed. But it still is.
And in landscape all you see is keyboard.
And everything else is better on XZ3.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post: