Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
Now where is nieldk when you need him?
Funny you mention that, with the fiasco of phone app uninstalling from warehouse seems like binaries are safer (we have extras-devel and then jump to extras, no -testing it seems)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
He he, yeah but that wasn't nieldk's fault was it?! But sure it's not funny when something vital is removed like that. Warehouse is still alpha on Sailfish so if you can just get ssh access to your phone I'm happy. Then you can at least fix just about any problem even if it shouldn't happen in the first place.

Edit: Also it seems that Warehouse pulls in tons of updates from Jolla's repos without even asking about it. I like it but maybe not all people do as there could be regressions pulled in too.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Last edited by xerxes2; 2014-01-15 at 00:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
He he, yeah but that wasn't nieldk's fault was it?! But sure it's not funny when something vital is removed like that. Warehouse is still alpha on Sailfish so if you can just get ssh access to your phone I'm happy. Then you can at least fix just about any problem even if it shouldn't happen in the first place.
No fault, lesson learned I hope for warehouse, Fremantle gave you this chilling message: are you sure you want to uninstall 349 packages to install 1??? I prefer to compile my own binaries for now. We have a lot of new people, things like symlink hell can happen again, lots of possibilities. Uninstalling base components should be red flagged though definitely

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
apt-get command not found. why?
Well as you did not specify what was the platform you wanted to use to uncompress the packages...

This works on debian. On other platforms you need other tools, sure.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Now where is nieldk when you need him?
Hiding :P
No problem, should be easy to compile 7zip and add to my repo.
As for my 'failure' - well, not too nice when stuff like that happens for sure. But, at least it is input for openrepos and bugfixes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Thanks for that. But just curious why you're using such a weird release number? Shouldn't it just be 1?

Edit: like 9.20.1-1
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Last edited by xerxes2; 2014-01-15 at 23:23.