Hi, I have a basic problem with my N9. I found the voice volume is too low to hear during phone call in crowd area. Is there any solution to boost the call quality in light of tuning the volume value in alsamixer. Please help!!!

Is it a new phone? Reason I ask is I found he same problem with mine at first on full volume, but strangely the more calls I made it seemed to get louder, to the point I now actually have the volume down to around 3/4.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I had the same problem. Still persistent. Deep sixed N9.

Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
Is it a new phone? Reason I ask is I found he same problem with mine at first on full volume, but strangely the more calls I made it seemed to get louder, to the point I now actually have the volume down to around 3/4.
I have used it for more than a month. Maybe I should make more calls. Hope it will improve as yours!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Which is maxed out? The blue (system) volume, or when you're in a call, the green (call) volume?

And you're talking about the earpiece, not the actual bottom mounted speaker, right?

Here's a trick you can use. In a noisy area put the speaker to on and hold it to your ear. You will be able to hear the other side but others nearby you won't.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Which is maxed out? The blue (system) volume, or when you're in a call, the green (call) volume?

And you're talking about the earpiece, not the actual bottom mounted speaker, right?
The green volume is set to maximun
but the earpiece output is just not enough for me to hear clearly in the crowd area

The Following User Says Thank You to daniscott For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Here's a trick you can use. In a noisy area put the speaker to on and hold it to your ear. You will be able to hear the other side but others nearby you won't.
But psychologically feel sharing with others...

Originally Posted by daniscott View Post
But psychologically feel sharing with others...
Yes, it's true but you can test the effect by holding the phone with the speaker on a short distance away from your face in a noisy area. You won't be able to hear a thing and neither can others.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-04-01 at 11:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
I just got an N9, and am experiencing the same problem.

Call volume is really low. Does anyone have a solution?

I did find:some code that people suggest putting into the /etc/default/ssh file, but can anyone comment on whether it seems like it would work?

while true; do
sleep 15
read emi ema epb << EOF
'/usr/bin/amixer cget numid=16 |sed -n -e 's/.*min=\([0-0]\),max=\([0-9]\),. */\1\n\2/p' -e 's/.* values=\([0-9]*\).*/\1/p'|xargs
EOF
if["$epb" != "$emi" -a "$epb" != "$ema"]; then /usr/bin/amixer cset numid=16 $ema; fi
done&

(from: http://everythingn9.com/increase-the...your-nokia-n9/)

The Following User Says Thank You to Omega6 For This Useful Post: