Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Sure, but it ain't "convergence" ala anthonybuchanan/debernardis. That's all.

(And I think I've made it clear I don't want either; I want some sort of slot/backpack/other module available so it's not fragile like an external USB port, nor interference prone like BT, nor yet limiting and soon-obsolete like built-in.)
I'm with you entirely! I've been saying all along that it would be really good if, instead of an internal SD slot (I'd easily give up an internal SD card slot) if I could have a cartridge-ilke port to slip in an upgrade card (like a PCMCIA type slot) for just such an occasion or for any other purpose (robot or motor controls, bar scanner, etc.).

The USB interface wouldn't be suitable for that sort of thing--way too flimsy.

Also.. heh.. 'interference pr0n'.

Great feedback. Great arguments.

Ever get the feeling this thread has run its course and since people have differing opinions, we will likely never have a device the really and truly hits the sweet spot and take over the universe.

How about this. At 3PM tommorrow I will make my final assessment and no one posts to this thread again. This way I get the last word on the thread that I started.

Hi. If yu want the last word then start your own damn thread and proclaim it as "having run its course" and that you want to make a final assessment and, guess what, I would respect that and not make anymore posts.

Then you can walk away feeling like a "big man" that had the last word too.

Otherwise, we are doomed to keep this up and make it the most replied to thread in such a short time, in history.

Now just get your last wrords in and then shhhhhhhhish after that.

"This thread is dead", procalimed the thread starter.

"Elvis has left the building".

Hate to leave this thread high and dry.

Here, "I'll give you a topic" (to start a thread about later on your own).

Start a thread on:

Cant think of antything at work now and have to finish something.

Anybody got any ideas on new topics for people to start new threads ?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan View Post
This way I get the last word on the thread that I started.
<ELIZA>Why do you need the last word on the thread you started?</ELIZA>

Err.. this is a forum, there's no such thing like what your saying. Threads run their course until there's nothing left to say. And a thread's topic changes over time to different topics that somewhat relate to the main post (in this case a "convergence" device). For example, people have been talking about what should be in a convergence device or what featurees it should have. If a thread gets to far off course a moderator can then fork it though.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
If a thread gets to far off course a moderator can then fork it though.
Yes, but they'd have to stop laughing long enough to do so, which could be hard.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan View Post
Great feedback. Great arguments.

Ever get the feeling this thread has run its course and since people have differing opinions, we will likely never have a device the really and truly hits the sweet spot and take over the universe.

How about this. At 3PM tommorrow I will make my final assessment and no one posts to this thread again. This way I get the last word on the thread that I started.

Hi. If yu want the last word then start your own damn thread and proclaim it as "having run its course" and that you want to make a final assessment and, guess what, I would respect that and not make anymore posts.

Then you can walk away feeling like a "big man" that had the last word too.

Otherwise, we are doomed to keep this up and make it the most replied to thread in such a short time, in history.

Now just get your last wrords in and then shhhhhhhhish after that.

"This thread is dead", procalimed the thread starter.

"Elvis has left the building".
Hello? Are you new to bulletin boards and forums and the such.. or just the Internet as a whole? I'm not sure that you're quite "getting" the whole point of discussions. There need not be agreement nor a last word.. and, particularly useful, there might even be a third variable... the compromising solution which might suddenly leap up out of nowhere and savagely tear the problem in half.. usually born out of brainstorming sessions such as these.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Err.. this is a forum, there's no such thing like what your saying. Threads run their course until there's nothing left to say. And a thread's topic changes over time to different topics that somewhat relate to the main post (in this case a "convergence" device). For example, people have been talking about what should be in a convergence device or what featurees it should have. If a thread gets to far off course a moderator can then fork it though.
Can we have a branched thread for features we want and another branch for corrections and errata to what we've said so that we can reintegrate these other branches back into this conversation thread?

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Ok my turn to be a smart butt. Its 3:23 here where is that This thread is closed post? Edit never mind its still today not tomorrow. Man I've been working to long.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Hello? Are you new to bulletin boards and forums and the such.. or just the Internet as a whole?
I could argue that he might be the most experienced internet person on here. It's been true since the beginning of Usenet that if you wanted an answer to a question, you first answer it incorrectly from a different user name.

So, Anthony, who are you really?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
The dude puts the N96 on the grass in the blazing sun. I wonder if it's waterproof?
He also appears to have some sort of uncontrollable shaking, perhaps Parkinson's?

Ahhh...

...as shot with another N96.
So, I can say with great authority that the N96 camera has no stabilization. It doesn't seem to focus very well, either... Why does he keep bringing everything up to the lens so close that it is even harder to see what he's holding? I suspect he can't really see what he's recording, the sunlight is probably washing out the display...

I also find it interesting how similar the N96 looks... not to the N95, but to another company's iDevice.

Tags
troll