Closed Thread
I say chuck it! and fight the power! and let me be outside your car when you toss it.. yeAH!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by TimusEravan View Post
Can we have a separate forum section for these type of threads - "maemo.org - Talk > Talk > The Door is that way -> "?
It woul be a bit boring with just one thread...

Seriosly though, Nokia is in fact in deep ****. I thought they were over it, but resent happenings and info makes it all too clear that they are really in to it deep.

The problem is twofold. They are incapable of communicating honestly and clear with the customers and potential app developers. They have a software department totally out of control, several factions not talking with each other, lack of common goals and internal competition.

The only thing working at Nokia is hardware, but even there it is not optimal.

Dissatisfied customers is just a symptom, but when the symptom is all over the place, it is really serious. Lets hope Nokia stop hiring people like the OP.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
What I don't get is why not complain on http://discussions.nokia.com? Do it there and someone _might_ see your msg and actually care...

Don't post this up on a _community_ site... Because we can't help you and frankly we don't care, because we're not Nokia..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaad View Post
. I don't want anyone to call me idiot, or bash me. Android is so good people having n900's want to get android (including me) maemo is ****. nokia is going to give up on it and go with meego.
Well, on that point you are right on target. Ever since I put NITDroid on my N900, I only go back to Maemo to charge the battery (there is a bug with charging). Even a hacked, 3/4 working Android OS on my N900 is better than Maemo.

People get all upset when anything negative is said about Maemo, when in fact, the OSs that Nokia chooses are the things that are holding back all of their devices (both Maemo and Symbian).

So Meego is great, the best OS on the face of the planet. Except we as consumers can't touch it right now, and who knows when we will. If the new Nokia Execs have any sense at all, they will just go with Android or WP7.

The Following User Says Thank You to techngro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think we could all save quite a bit of time and angst if those leaving can stick to an agreed shorthand format, something like:

HAHAHAHA GOOD BYE F#CKERS!!!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Speaking of Android, I recently got Android 2.1 on my MeeGo tablet.
What a huge disappointment. When I left Android, it was at 1.5.
Now I come back to 2.1 and it looks and behaves still exactly the same way. The same half-baken UI, the same broken multitasking.
What the hell did Google do the whole last year...?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Now I come back to 2.1 and it looks and behaves still exactly the same way. The same half-baken UI, the same broken multitasking.
What MeeGo tablet is that?

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
They made tweaks to the dalvik so that it now runs just slow instead of HELLO JAVA slow.

I will tell you what they didnt do. They didnt increase the goddamn stack for image handling - despite images being of a much greater size now owing to 5MP+ cams. This means my friggin camera app is still stuck resizing images to 1024x768 in order to manipulate them. I filed that friggin bug/request 2 years ago damn near.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaad View Post
Ok so after about 6 months with my n900, I've gotten really pissed off. lack of support the new firmware didn't give anything new. I was expecting meego. This is my last nokia phone. im going to the android family. and last thing, why the **** would nokia put a resistive screen when all the phone in the market is captive and no one complained about that. god damn nokia you guys ****ing losing. keep it up and your done. I don't want anyone to call me idiot, or bash me. Android is so good people having n900's want to get android (including me) maemo is ****. nokia is going to give up on it and go with meego. Android the phones still get updates. Nokia I'm sorry but you should listen to your customers because without out their would be no nokia.
Back to the moral of the story, i feel back selling my n900, i feel its a part of me, but with the downsides of it, it makes me so pissed i want to throw it out of my car.
Every now and then I see this kind of grumbling here on talk and I guess the only thing to say is this, "wish you good luck finding a different awesome phone", because there isn't any out there.

I have had a whole lot of Nokia phones myself, starting with the very first model Nokia ever made, and I have to say the N900 is one of the best; it's fast, it's open and it rarely hangs or craps on me like my last E71.

Last week, went to see the Samsung Galaxy S, and man what an awesome phone, amazing screen, multi-touch .. a few seconds of oooh and aah and I realized that's not what I want. It's nice to have, but really with a keyboard the N900 replaces my laptop pretty much every where today, and that the Galaxy S can't beat. Damn I can hack in anything I want with this phone, overclock it and the PR 1.3 made it even faster and better with far longer battery life.

The moral of the story, I am making is this. You perhaps bought the wrong phone to start with, you had the wrong expectations. And bad marriages never work, it's better to get out

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Power For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread