Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
Actually +1, Harmattan IS good enough, BUT not when you want apps.
I just bought one N9 and I think there are plenty of apps. If there are 5 000 or 500 000 isn't that important, 5 000 is plenty. Whats important is the quality.
Developers doing Symbian apps will also compile for MeeGo Harmattan. App count will grow fast

Last edited by gosh; 2012-02-10 at 22:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to gosh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by original_z View Post
If you were going to do NitDroid in the N9 would it be advisable to get the 64gb version rather than the 16gb version? If I understand correctly (the 16gb) has 8gb for storage and 8gb reserved for the system.. of which 4gb is for apps.
bump =-(

was planning on a 16gb as i know i don't listen to much music and doubt i'll convert videos to watch on the n9, but if this ever happens and i will need more space just to run ics, then it might push me to the white n9.

Even more eyes, interest, thanks, possible donations:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nokia...t-251934.shtml

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
I disagree. A Dalvik runtime would solve the app situation.

Having ICS is for people who only like the N9's hardware.

Both are dangerous because it will be easier to use an Android app than to create something specific for Harmattan.
We have the VAPORWARE "Alien Dalvik" you know, if this way is applicable then why the heck won't Myriad release that even though they've demoed it a year ago on an N900? There got to be a reason for this...
Waiting for a Dalvik runtime for Fremantle/Harmattan too, but I guess the compatibility won't be good. Also, isn't it great to use ICS on N9 and N900 to show that we're just NOT outta fashion?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
Well, who do you think will start creating anything specific for Harmattan other than ppl who already work in Qt for Symbian?
people that don't work in Qt for Symbian.

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
people that don't work in Qt for Symbian.
And for what valid reason would they migrate from iOS/Android/WP7 to 2 dying platforms? Only because Trolltech released a bunch of API maps to do so?

p.s.: THIS IMAGE VERIFICATION AT EVERY POST IS ********

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 491 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
We have the VAPORWARE "Alien Dalvik" you know, if this way is applicable then why the heck won't Myriad release that even though they've demoed it a year ago on an N900? There got to be a reason for this...
Waiting for a Dalvik runtime for Fremantle/Harmattan too, but I guess the compatibility won't be good. Also, isn't it great to use ICS on N9 and N900 to show that we're just NOT outta fashion?
Heard that they wont do it, as they asked Nokia for a contract and Nokia denied their request. Since MAD is only for OEM, this makes sense that their objection means we wont be seeing it any time soon.

Hit thanks if I have helped in some way, or you agree with me

Twitter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battery Widget
#OperationUnicorn
Harmoji - Emoji for Harmattan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N9 [Black] - Sailfish OS (1.x.x.xx)
N9 [White] - PR 1.3 [Stock]
N950 - Sailfish OS
Z10 LE - 10.2.1.1055
Dev Alpha C - 10.2.1.1055

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by MFaroTusino View Post
Heard that they wont do it, as they asked Nokia for a contract and Nokia denied their request. Since MAD is only for OEM, this makes sense that their objection means we wont be seeing it any time soon.
Well, I put my self in their situation and I thought that...
if Nokia denied the implementation of their MAD, in their shoes (Myriam Group shoes) I would have started to sell Myriam Alien Dalvik implementation directly to the end-users as an external application (like a GPS navigator for example) at a street-price (for example 30$) with updates and life-support building a version for every possible OS (like WebOS, Bada, Maemo, Symbian and Meego)..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
meltemi is what nokia will replace symbian with!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
And for what valid reason would they migrate from iOS/Android/WP7 to 2 dying platforms? Only because Trolltech released a bunch of API maps to do so?

p.s.: THIS IMAGE VERIFICATION AT EVERY POST IS ********
It is possible to dev in Qt on Android now...
There's already at least one e.g. of an app designed in Qt for Android, that was then quickly made for Symbian/Maemo6x.
CBF'd digging it up....

But as to your point... Trolling much there aren't we?
A commercial pond is commercial pond.
Even if it's tiny that matters little...
In fact it can be an advantage, as one has a better chance of standing out.

Many small indies (& even large co's) will be and are, quite happy juggling 3, 4, or more platforms.
It depends on the org, how they're structured, & what they want/can do with their time/resources.
There's no rule that says it's infeasible for all to do that, & they must stick with the "alive" platforms.

Anyway this is totally off-topic, start a dedicated thread if you want.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-11 at 21:01.