Hi, I want to tweak hildon-application-manager to point to my apt-cacher-ng instance to try and speed up the atrocious repository speed here in Australia. The /etc/hildon-application-manager/catalogues file references "variant-catalogue" files for the maemo-extra's repo. Can someone tell me where this file is?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
They might be in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list.
Do you have more than one N900 floating around to benefit from apt-cacher-ng or are you a flasher 'aficionado' ?

Hehe. In Australia for some reason routing to repositories is shockingly slow. I run apt-cacher-ng on my VPS in Arizona to boost my speed. It works quite well with 300kbps instead of 20kbps.

sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager-list is a dynamic file created by app manager when you click "install". It's generated from this variant-catalogue reference file that lives somewhere else. I guess "man find" will my friend in this case.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
This is the content of my hildon-application-manager.list file, it is also used by pure apt-getYou may check if differences exist for different firmware versions.