Notices

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Granfot View Post
Now, two questions.
1. How do I setup your repo in my phone? Tried it, but the phone complained about an illegal char (I guessed it's the : after home that made it.)
I just tried it and it worked fine whith this line in one of the sources.d/ files:
Code:
deb deb http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/CaCO3/Harmattan/ ./
Don't use the one with CaCO3: which is empty! (No clue why it exists)

Originally Posted by Granfot View Post
2. If I use the Nokia maps, does it use the downloaded maps (since I can download maps for any country I plan to visit) or does it download on the fly? The first would be preferred, but I don't know how Nokia sees on third-party apps using the maps downloaded.
Sadly it doesn't use the pre-downloaded OVI maps. I also think it would be great, but up to now I don't know how to implement it. Also it might not be very useful since only the maps, but not the satellite images can be pre downloaded.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Sadly it doesn't use the pre-downloaded OVI maps. I also think it would be great, but up to now I don't know how to implement it.
That's one of the things confusing many people. Although both maps are named "ovi maps" they are completely differnt things. Nokia didn't manage to give the map service of its qt framework access to the on-boad maps. But at least they seem to have plans to implement this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
I just uploaded a new version to OBS.

Changelog:
cacheme (0.8.12-1-Harmattan4) unstable; urgency=low
Changes:
* Fixed bug with password decryption
* Moved config file location => All settings data is reset
* Added GPX file option (Its very ugly, will need to create an own dialog
Known issues:
* Sometimes GPS does not get started. As a workaround, start another GPS application andrestart CacheMe4Harmattan
* Changes on cache provider need restart of CacheMe4Harmattan

Please test it and give feedback.

Also, I would like to style the buttons and other Qt components more Harmattan-ish.
So if somebody is good with Qt CSS, please create a CSS style and let me know.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
I would love an off line feature (for caching out where i can't get cell signal).
would it be possible to do? like select an area using 2 gps points to make a rectangle and use that offline?

Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
I would love an off line feature (for caching out where i can't get cell signal).
would it be possible to do? like select an area using 2 gps points to make a rectangle and use that offline?
geocaching.com does not allow to cache geocaches. To to that, you will have to get a premium account. There you then can download a GPX file with all geocaches in a certain area.

And getting the map tiles into a cache, would be possible, but I don't know how to do this in a proper way.
and more...

It's finally here! AGTL brings offline geocaching to the N9.

Well, not completely: The map is not stored offline right now, but this feature will arrive eventually. This is an Alpha version, meaning there will be bugs. However, I already went geocaching with it and it worked!

AGTL features several cool features:
  • Compass view
  • Map view
  • All details and images, the last 20 logs
  • Writing fieldnotes
  • Of course, some settings
  • And best of it all: A unique augmented reality view!

Download the alpha here. If you downloaded it on the N9, click on the file and follow the instructions. Otherwise, enable developer mode. Run devel-su in the terminal to become root, then run dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/agtl-alpha.deb (change the path accordingly).

Please report bugs to github and only to github.
Bugs filed here may be overseen, so please use the bug tracker of you encounter strange behavior of the app!
Please try to provide an output log of the program run. You can start AGTL by running agtl-meego in the terminal. If you run agtl-meego > errorlog.txt 2>&1 it will create a file errorlog.txt containing valuable information for bug hunting.

Please consider a donation if you like AGTL. It will stay free (as in beer) also when it hits the OVI store, although rewriting the UI for Meego took a lot of hours in the last weeks.

Images in full resolution.

Last edited by webhamster; 2011-12-12 at 20:59.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Finland
Thanks Daniel! This has been awaited for
I was privlidged to see an AGTL sneak preview version and already took it to a test trip to see how nicely it works already now.
Keep up the good work!

Very nice GUI work!
Congratulations!
I guess you invested a lot of time and knowledge into it.
and more...

Hi all
I just released another version pf CacheMe4Harmnattan which should be soon in http://apps.formeego.org as well as in the OVi store.
Until thenn, you can get it in OBS:
https://build.pub.meego.com/package/...tory=Harmattan

Summary of changes:
Code:
* Updated core to cacheme 0.8.12
* Added function to restart on crash or settings change
* Added support for GPX files
* Use Opera browser if installed
* Corrected time/date display (use local format)
* Re-enabled network cache for Google maps and open street maps.
* Fixed bug where e Cloudmade maps where used instead of OSM.
* Show gps precision in nav view
* Support imperial units for distances
* Option to disable map screen saver
* Various big fixes
Please let me know if you have issues or found bugs
There is now also a FAQ under www.ruinelli.ch/cacheme4harmattan
and more...

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
And here comes Beta 1 for AGTL

Read all the details on my homepage, including some screenshots. You can download the .deb-file there. I've pushed it to the Ovi store as well, it is currently awaiting QA.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post: