In the effort to incr... No, just joking, didn't meant to scare you off

To help establishing direct communication between Board members and Community - and, considering, that most things of interest for questions, will be handled now by Board, not Council - I'm starting this thread.

Board members got already invited (via PM) to frequent this thread, so no question should went unnoticed. Of course, everyone is free to ask and answer here, but as for answers, thread is meant mainly to get them from Board, so even if you *think* you "know" answer, give a chance to our elected team.

Something that wasn't needed was here, so it's gone. Seriously, it's simple as that! No more hidden content, don't even try searching.
---

Starting with my own question to the Board:
It's less than 2 months to the d-day now, but we still don't know how problem with passing TMO's (forum) database to foundation will be handled. Any chances in convincing Reggie to this idea - considering, that domain maemo.org was "promised" to foundation - or are we doomed to start forum from scratch, with read-only backup of former TMO, at best?

Also, any details on formalities, behind transferring maemo.org (domain) to foundation? Considering, how "fluent" situation at Nokia is, can we be sure, that it will happen as promised?

Told ya that nothing is hidden here, didn't I?

/Estel

No, seriously! Nothing here, go away, already!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-11-02 at 16:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I think it's premature to answer that just yet. For one, internettablettalk.com is Reggie's domain, but maemo.org is Nokia's. The community revolves around a wedding of Reggie's discussion board + Nokia infrastructure. I would think that ideally, that continues in some fashion-- but if it doesn't, it will be sad but not insurmountable.

Anyway just another item to negotiate. Patience please.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Sure thing - I'm rather asking about current status. Last time - month ago or more - it was said, that Reggie may be willing to handover database or continue collaboration, *if* domain maemo.org will be given to Foundation by Nokia.

So, I'm not trying to haste anyone by any means, but what is current status of it? What are we standing at?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
It is still an important issue.

Imagine if all the knowledge accumulated in TMO where to be nuked...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
That's why I'm asking - as said, by no means trying to haste anyone, but it would be great if/when "negotiations" are planned, etc, more precisely.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

To avoid missing it by Board - here is question about bylaws (so please, answer in Bylaws thread), but asked to Board members:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...80#post1288780

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
In the effort to incr... No, just joking, didn't meant to scare you off
Not the best way to start a tread.

To help establishing direct communication between Board members and Community - and, considering, that most things of interest for questions, will be handled now by Board, not Council - I'm starting this thread.
Board members got already invited (via PM) to frequent this thread, so no question should went unnoticed. Of course, everyone is free to ask and answer here, but as for answers, thread is meant mainly to get them from Board, so even if you *think* you "know" [*] answer, give a chance to our elected team.
This is something that we need to iron during the upcoming months, which tasks must be handled by Board and which ones by Council.

Anyway, understand that Board is not a replacement for Council. It's Council which should deal with day to day basis of the community, while Board should only deal with questions that need some legal backup such as funding, agreements with other companies/partners, etc.

for one of "our" former Council members: Yes, I know that you "know" best, how everything should be done, but still, I'm looking at you while saying above, nevertheless!)
Again, unfortunate, unnecessary and useless.

It's less than 2 months to the d-day now, but we still don't know how problem with passing TMO's (forum) database to foundation will be handled. Any chances in convincing Reggie to this idea - considering, that domain maemo.org was "promised" to foundation - or are we doomed to start forum from scratch, with read-only backup of former TMO, at best?
There has been some inefficiencies in the beginning of the new Board, which is also understandable due to real life issues, sickness, excess of work... but we have this task in our top priority list and I hope we will be able to solve it without too much problems.

This is precisely one of the tasks for Board, as we need to offer legal backup for any concern regarding privacy.

Also, any details on formalities, behind transferring maemo.org (domain) to foundation? Considering, how "fluent" situation at Nokia is, can we be sure, that it will happen as promised?
This is something we are already asking for, with no luck yet.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
One more thing i am concerned about are the closed bits of Nokia:
the repositories with all apps/knowledge, but also the firmware(s), for Maemo and of course MeeGo.

It was mentioned some time ago but with that hassle/fights/animosities (Estel/Woody I am looking at you, it is really not a good way to start a productive thread. Please come to terms with it and start all over.) I lost view.

And are there any plans/thoughts to integrate/continue forum.meego.com (apps.formeego.com).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Thanks for extensive answer, Ivgalvez.

Point taken (as for your suggestions, in turn) - I've edited out controversial material from first post. Harmless joke left in place - I think some autoirony/sense of humor won't hurt anyone

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
One more concern. what about wiki of Maemo and MeeGo?
Same about bugs.xxx.org (not that important, but also desirable to keep info/knowledge).

What else?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
board, community, directors, foundation, hildon