Yes, I have tthe same problem with nested bookmarks... its not just your install I've had to use the Bookmarks application to gett at those links.

Another, at least ffor me, is highlighting/re-typing text. In certain cases, I believe always in form fields, if I mistype and then highlight the text, I have to hit backspace to erase. I simply cannot type ovver the selected text.

And my keyboard sometimes sticks

added: Same here with bluetooth, but mine alwas did that (2007)... clickingmon my n80 phone n file manager/bluuetooth would auto turn on bluetooth; thought ttat was cool. Not surre if it still does.

I did notice that even thouggh BT is off via control panel, sometimes on boot I get a 'bluetooth is set on' msg, but no icon.

Last edited by chrisak; 2008-01-10 at 22:52.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by chrisak View Post
Yes, I have tthe same problem with nested bookmarks... its not just your install I've had to use the Bookmarks application to gett at those links.
Thanks for confirming. I use the little globe in the bottom left of the microb.. It pops the bookmarks for use with stylus.

Another, at least ffor me, is highlighting/re-typing text. In certain cases, I believe always in form fields, if I mistype and then highlight the text, I have to hit backspace to erase. I simply cannot type ovver the selected text.
Yes, that is also true. In addition it works better if you highlight the text from left to right or top to bottom if many lines.

And my keyboard sometimes sticks
can't comment, I've got the N800!

added: Same here with bluetooth, but mine alwas did that (2007)... clickingmon my n80 phone n file manager/bluuetooth would auto turn on bluetooth; thought ttat was cool. Not surre if it still does.
It doesn't do this on the NIT. It pops a message though that it's unable to connect..

I did notice that even thouggh BT is off via control panel, sometimes on boot I get a 'bluetooth is set on' msg, but no icon.
I've seen that too a couple of times.

Now looking at your message I notice all the double letters. This is the worst bug with the touch screen. It's over-sensitive and it's really frustrating when typing passswoorddsss!!!

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Now looking at your message I notice all the double letters. This is the worst bug with the touch screen. It's over-sensitive and it's really frustrating when typing passswoorddsss!!!
Agreed, I've gotten into the habit of typing passwords into the address field to spell check and then cut/paste. I usually clean up my posts, but thought leaving the double-keys in that time would be fitting. <grin>

Despite a few oddities, the upgrade has been great, and looks great. Browser almost never crashes and big menus are perfect for a fat thumb-navigator like me, tho I know this feature is,unpopular with some.

i would classifyy the double letter/keyboard bounce issue aas the highest priority for me personally. I find this thing unbearablee when typing emails, entering web urls, and especially paasswords. So i have decided to stop correctting thhe douuble lettters in my posts. What you see here is exactly whhat os2008 registered.

bassic input function is critical, and tthis os releasse just isn't cutting it. unfortunately, tthe common answer arround here is ffor the user to modify their stylus use tto accommoddate the device's shortcomings. I'm ready to go back to ANY other device/os just to be able to have the most basic freakin function of any computer - ttext entry.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by jmancine View Post
unfortunately, tthe common answer arround here is ffor the user to modify their stylus use tto accommoddate the device's shortcomings
Is that what's really being suggested? I thought people were recommending fine-tuning sensitivity settings to accommodate the differences between each user's style and speed...

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: