Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I cloned the 2008Os on N800 to a 4G Adata micro/SD adapter and switched the micro to mini adapter and inserted into N810. Everything worked so far, everything, I have used it for 2 weeks. The thing I like about this way, is the two tablets looked and felt the same, made a habitual creature like me does things a lot faster. I do not have to retrain my brain to locate different programs and icons. And boy, to install every single little pet projects, and manually insert RSS feeds and videocenter URLs.... Hope this helps in your decision,

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Thanks for your replies, but nobody has real experience?

My worry is that while "almost" identical, the N800 and N810 do have differences, such as:
- light sensor
- built in GPS
- HW keyboard

I'm pretty sure there are some system files that are different or settings files have different settings. For example, if N800 backup was restored on N810, it may disable HW keyboard?

You're correct that worst that can happen is a need to reflash the OS... which should not take more than 5 minutes.
I did just this after receiving my n810. I backed up my n800 copied the backup to my n810 and did a restore. It worked as expected. My registered bluetooth items came in, my registered access points came in and apps were reinstalled. Only had the normall amount of manual work that comes after any restore.

I made sure to answer no each time it prompted me about overwriting a newer file.

As a side note it would be nice if the backup utility backed up all settings. I always have to manually transfer some settings by hand after doing a restore.

The Following User Says Thank You to rone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Based on couple success stories above I'm going to try this. Wish me luck...

UPDATE: I did restore my N800 backup on N810 and everything seem to work fine.

Last edited by Mara; 2008-02-15 at 02:47.