Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Status update

Only works in flash, if you fire it up in a boot from SD partition the tablet will reboot while trying to scan /dev/mmcblk0 and /dev/mmcblk1. I assume this is because of the initfs issue with bootmenu.

I have packaged it up and installed on a fresh flash, I am 30 minutes in with 10 minutes remaining on a shink filesystem operation. I shurnk it 40MB.

I need to make 1 more change to the desktop file, but it looks like its working.

Keep in mind this is about 18-19MB, in flash it probably takes up 11MB. I will do more testing and let you know.

It uses the newer glib and gtk out of a nonstandard location and paths are set in the script that calls it.

It really appears to be working, we'll see if my shrink finishes cleanly, 6 minutes remaining!!!

pb

EDIT:

It was successful
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-10-31 at 16:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Status Update Gparted
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=24679
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
One last post here about GParted... Your file list for GParted included "festival-spanish.deb"... Was that a typo? I can't imagine needing a (Spanish) voice talking to me while repartitioning my SD card...

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
dosfstools_2.11-6_armel.deb
libglib2.0-0_2.16.6-1_armel.deb
libsigc++-2.0-0c2a_2.0.18-2_armel.deb
e2fsprogs_1.41.2-1_armel.deb
libglibmm-2.4-1c2a_2.16.4-1_armel.deb
libstdc++6_4.3.2-1_armel.deb
festival-spanish.deb
libgtk2.0-0_2.12.11-4_armel.deb
libxinerama1_1.0.3-2_armel.deb
gparted_0.3.8-1+b1_armel.deb
libgtkmm-2.4-1c2a_2.12.7-1_armel.deb
libcairomm-1.0-1_1.6.0-1_armel.deb
libpcre3_7.8-2_armel.deb

Originally Posted by qole View Post
One last post here about GParted... Your file list for GParted included "festival-spanish.deb"... Was that a typo? I can't imagine needing a (Spanish) voice talking to me while repartitioning my SD card...

Sorry, it was in the directory, no its not needed . I did not install those debs directly. all /etc/ and /usr/share files were installed in the proper locations. All other files are located in /usr/GPARTED/bin and /usr/GPARTED/lib

ALSO: I used some other things not from Debian (parted, libparted, nice)

/usr/bin/gparted is a script to fire it all up.

I will need to change the script. So if you have any ideas let me know. I was doing a umount before and a mount after, but it needs something better

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-10-31 at 21:09.

Tags
clone, deprecated, gparted, kde, kde35, penguinbait