so ya I called tmobile today and they found a way that they could change the forwarding number on their end and it did update the forwarding number on my phone as well BUT when the customer support guy test called my phone to make sure it would work properly the call was immediately dropped and my phone did not ring and Google Voice did not answer the call. Whats all this mean? That i have no idea what is going on and i give up. Who needs visual voice mail anyway!

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Wouldn't an app like S60's IVCM be better than all of these hoops we're jumping through? http://www.mobisophy.com/products/IV...0%203rd-1.html

It was a mainstay for me, and a way to appear more professional to business constituents in the music biz. I'd pay $35 for the same functionality on Maemo, and wish it to be part of the OS. Nothing comes close for voicemail management on the device, PLUS call management. IVCM is like having 5 secretaries.

Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
so ya I called tmobile today and they found a way that they could change the forwarding number on their end and it did update the forwarding number on my phone as well BUT when the customer support guy test called my phone to make sure it would work properly the call was immediately dropped and my phone did not ring and Google Voice did not answer the call. Whats all this mean?
I think it means your account is somehow not happy. It *appears* as though changing the forward number in settings works *if* your normal voicemail forwarding is working already for T-Mobile.

Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
i go to
Settings -> Phone -> In the Forward to entry box. I enter my google voice number as +1googlevoice# then when i click the "Save" button the phone thinks for a few seconds and then i get the "Invalid Number" popup. I've tried entering the number with the physical qwerty keyboard and the touch screen keyboard. The number is the correct GV number and gv account does work as i've used it before to receive calls.

Could it possibly have something to do with the tmobile plan i'm on, "Even More Plus 500"?

Any thoughts?
I have the same plan and the same problem.

Can't get this working for Cincinnati Bell. Quite frustrating.

who needs a wave and voice invite?

just thought i'd bump this thread since pr1.2 was realeased and supposedly USSD codes now work. Tried setting up google voice using the recommended *004*gvnumber# and the results: a pop up stating "Service code not supported."

Still wish i knew why some tmobile n900 users have no problem setting up google voice and other cant get it to work.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
try with the +1gvoicenumber

what i did was download the "call forarding" app. I have my gvoice set up as a contact. Then in Settings -> call forwarding and you will have options for different forwarding. you can select a contact and walla. you are forwarding to gvoice.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Wouldn't an app like S60's IVCM be better than all of these hoops we're jumping through? http://www.mobisophy.com/products/IV...0%203rd-1.html

It was a mainstay for me, and a way to appear more professional to business constituents in the music biz. I'd pay $35 for the same functionality on Maemo, and wish it to be part of the OS. Nothing comes close for voicemail management on the device, PLUS call management. IVCM is like having 5 secretaries.
ICVM is one of the best apps ever that is one app that i would pay for if ever ported to M5. But the GV as voicemail is what i use, but i was a Grandcentral user long before google bought them out.

Tags
visual voicemail, voicemail