Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but, the N9 is terrible at streaming audio... I often listen to digital fm (256kb stream) and the N9 is stutters terribly and is constantly buffering... The odd time my N9 will be in a good mood and I will get 5 mins with few issues, but, this is just unacceptable in a modern smartphone..

In contrast, I've had zero issues streaming with my HTC One X and I had no issues with my old N8..

Anyone else struggle with this?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
hmm, can't say I have that issue.

i stream audio via the internet radio player and spotify with absolutely no problems

Same sim card, same APN settings?

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
over BT? If yes, same here

Yes, same sim and apn (always on wifi anyways)..

I'm usually streaming it via BT to my Play 360. Keeps "buffering".. I wish there was a way to maybe try to increase the buffer size..

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
My bigest annoyance with the N9 is the lack of FM transmitter : /

* But I knew that before I bought it, so : )

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
Yes, same sim and apn (always on wifi anyways)..

I'm usually streaming it via BT to my Play 360. Keeps "buffering".. I wish there was a way to maybe try to increase the buffer size..
Yup, it's the biggest problem in N9 from the beginning. What you're experiencing is the problem of simultaneously utilizing Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The N9 is currently incapable of using both and thus reproduces constant stuttering or data issues. Turn off bluetooth when streaming and you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
Yup, it's the biggest problem in N9 from the beginning. What you're experiencing is the problem of simultaneously utilizing Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The N9 is currently incapable of using both and thus reproduces constant stuttering or data issues. Turn off bluetooth when streaming and you'll be fine.
Interesting... Now that you mention it, when I get the 5 mins if playing, I'm usually on headphones...

Going to test tonight.. IF this is the case, I guess I can always just use the line in on the 360.. Kinda annoying though...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
This is a problem for me in another unique way. I typically use a bluetooth earpiece to keep both hands free when I type and I use an AT&T Microcell for the most part - which alleviates some of the problem of wifi and bluetooth at the same time issues since it's basically a 3G repeater.

But when I'm out and the wifi picks up a signal stronger than my 3G signal, I get problems.

Yeah I wish they'd fix that already. My N9 is my main media device so anytime I go in my car it automatically connects to car's BT and I stream audio to my car. Easiest method for me but anytime the N9 decides to scan for Wi-Fi the audio drops out and stutters and when it fully resumes the quality is diminished for some reason. Audio sounds crackly.

I heard that updating the BT stack protocols to support BT 4.0 is now closer to reality I think cause Linux is receiving that update or something. I don't know for sure but maybe that'll fix the problem hopefully.

Speaking of audio streaming: the N9 doesn't support metadata like song info. My brother's iPhone properly displays song info on my car when streaming audio through BT but the N9 sadly does not. It's really a simple update which also should've been done.