Notices

i'm currently working on getting it on extra-devel repo, i do have some problem due to the big data package ( around 250MB ). Hope i can fix that soon, i let you know

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste View Post
i'm currently working on getting it on extra-devel repo, i do have some problem due to the big data package ( around 250MB ). Hope i can fix that soon, i let you know
Thanks man, keep us informed!

2d

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
libsdl-ttf2.0-0 is missing?

I'm so excited that wesnoth comes back again!

I installed libsdl-ttf2.0-0 via apt-get but is still says package missing? But it will be solved soon. :-)

well, i did update wesnoth and wesnoth-data, it seems to work fine now

For people that are not aware, you can get it from extra-devel. It's totally optified and will take around 300Mb on the "opt" partition (home partition). If space is needed ( and for better in-game speed, because some textures seems slow to load from eMMC ) you can move the folder "/opt/maemo/usr/share/wesnoth" to an microSD card, then symlink it from the microSD to "/opt/maemo/usr/share/wesnoth".

Else, all seems to work well, i just disabled the editor. Maybe i should make my own thread ?

gibrovacco : just remove the "-O2" flag and your problem will be solved

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post:
Thank you sooo much! Awesome!!

It's working perfectly!

I compiled it without optimizations yesterday but I did not yet install it on the device until now. I guess it may be some optimization made with the libstdc++ on scratchbox, different than the one on the device.

For people that are not aware, you can get it from extra-devel. It's totally optified and will take around 300Mb on the "opt" partition (home partition). If space is needed ( and for better in-game speed, because some textures seems slow to load from eMMC ) you can move the folder "/opt/maemo/usr/share/wesnoth" to an microSD card, then symlink it from the microSD to "/opt/maemo/usr/share/wesnoth".
Are you saying that it loads faster if it is on the external microSD card? That is interesting.

well, i did update wesnoth and wesnoth-data, it seems to work fine now

Else, all seems to work well, i just disabled the editor. Maybe i should make my own thread ?

gibrovacco : just remove the "-O2" flag and your problem will be solved
I've just downloaded and tested the packages, great work! Because of some problems, in my ideas that packaging still needs to be tuned:

- the "data" package is way too big: it takes ages to download & install.

- there are no dependencies between packages e.g. you can install the data without the game. Wesnoth icon will be present in the menu but, obviously, it cannot be executed.

- fonts are way too small: especially the characers' data.

- it's not following the previous maemo packaging (e.g. n810) or the Debian packaging (each campaing and music are separate packages).

As a starting point, I propose to re-build the packages using the wesnoth-1.6.5-maemo5 branch in the "battle for wesnoth" project at:

https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scm...wesnoth-1.6.5/

And just disabling the infamous -O2 option

Last edited by gibrovacco; 2010-02-12 at 21:47.

Hey not bad! Sound works now =)

However... please include the multiplayer server!
Also, the keyboard input doesn't work for me

Last edited by dracflamloc; 2010-02-13 at 03:15.

Tags
n900, wesnoth