Active Topics

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by ebrindle View Post
In 2 attempts I'm 0 for 2.

with a 770 with 2008he - I got as far as running the deblet installer - which then put me in a reboot loop.

Suggestions please...
Ah, your mistake is using the deblet installer We haven't made an actual installer just yet for it - it will be simple however, and we're using OS2006 as baseline for now. I hope to have an installer going sooner or later for this - for now it's just tech showoff as things actually work, and simpler than we thought
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
When this gets up and running, I would be interested in trying it out.

Frank

wow! nice to see such kind of topic!
my 770 is sleeping in my drawer for a long time. he is hunger for alternative OS!
keep moving, i don't mind to be a beta tester when there is a better installation guide come up.

Hi,

Thanks for your efforts.

Two problems on my 770, running 2007he:

/dev/pts did not exist, so I had to create it as well as /dev/pts/0.

I am stuck at the installation of python2.5. There is no repository defined indeed, and apt-get fails, saying that it could not find this package.

Thank you so much for getting this going Stskeeps!

I want to test this with my 770. Are there any known improvements on the originally-posted instructions? (anyone feel free to chime in with what worked)

It would be great if the Deblet Trac was opened up to public registration so we could all help to document this. Stskeeps, check out AccountManager plugin to simplify trac auth and allow public registration.

I can't wait to try this out!

I want to test this with my 770. Are there any known improvements on the originally-posted instructions? (anyone feel free to chime in with what worked)
Yeah, I'll get to that - right now I'm aiming for releasing the 2.4 of the installer with the new packages structure and such, which is a prerequisite for 770 support, and I'll then edit the wiki and probably add AccountManager plugin. And document the 770 steps.

Everyone is welcome to get edit rights though, it's just a matter of priv'ing me really..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Okay, so I gave in and documented what me and aladds had done so far:

It is described at http://trac.tspre.org/projects/deblet/wiki/770Port - Feel free to try it out and comment in this thread how far you get. Warning: Wifi does not work yet, the guinea 770 managed to burn out before we got to try it well

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Burn out? That sounds scary. Think it was deblet-related, cosmic rays, or too much rough loving by its human symbiant?

Anyways I'll try it out shortly, for the good of all dork-kind

Originally Posted by edrex View Post
Burn out? That sounds scary. Think it was deblet-related, cosmic rays, or too much rough loving by its human symbiant?
The latter, i think - custom usb power supply

I'm debootstrapping now. Assuming all goes well, how can I help with testing wireless?

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet 770 experiment