Notices

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
yasirrfc, did you also uninstall gstreamer0.10-av, gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph and tracker-extractor-flac.

Try first
Code:
apt-get autoremove
if doesn't work, then run
Code:
apt-get remove --purge gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph gstreamer0.10-av tracker-extractor-flac
All should be written in single line.
hey i downgraded the ogg thing. should i do this now? will it do something to my phone? i mean will it still be able to play videos and stuff? id removing this safe?
thanks

You can do it without any concerns and you can always go back (installing / reinstalling packages).

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall packagename
EDIT: Before running any of these commands that I posted, you need to gain root access, so first run:
Code:
sudo gainroot
Command "sudo gainroot" (or just "root") works only if you have rootsh installed!

Last edited by kolos; 2011-05-11 at 22:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
yasirrfc did you finish it?

If you have failed to do that than try my steps:

0. sudo gainroot
1. in Xterm do this: apt-get install --reinstall ogg-support=1.0.5
2. if you don't get a notice for apt-get autoremove like 'kolos' said to remove these packages gstreamer0.10-av, gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph and tracker-extractor-flac
3. than you need to remove them manually from FAM in Advanced category.

4. I think this is the simplest way how to fix it.

Last edited by Dante son of Sparda; 2011-05-11 at 23:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dante son of Sparda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Edit: ok, now that you edited your post, I removed this part not to confuse anyone
Originally Posted by irrelevant now
[...]
watch out, he's not experienced user and he may mistype commands in terminal. Also, you forgot to add "root" at the beggining of these command

Offtopic: Did this thread get this tag because of you? :P (it's a little bit similar to your nick - no offence intended)

Last edited by misiak; 2011-05-11 at 23:27. Reason: not needed any more

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Yeah you right, I forgot root, It's added now. I know he's not experienced because I trying to help him how much I can.

Offtopic: I don't know, ask the guy who started this thread but I don't think so

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
followed instructions as above and the mp3 alarm is working, when i go to FAM and do an update Ogg support is showing, will problem re-occur again if updated?

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
followed instructions as above and the mp3 alarm is working, when i go to FAM and do an update Ogg support is showing, will problem re-occur again if updated?
Extras-devel enabled? Then yes, problem will re-occur.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Yep, you will have problems again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dante son of Sparda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
When I saw your post I was stupid enough to check what are you talking about on my N900 and updated ogg-support. You are right, when you try to select mp3 file for alarm tone it crashes. Luckily I was able to fix the issue.
I downgraded ogg-support from xterminal.
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall ogg-support=1.0.5
After that I got notice that I need to run apt-get autoremove to remove packages gstreamer0.10-av, gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph and tracker-extractor-flac. I removed these packages and everything is normal again.
Brilliant, that's the fix for now

:cheers: