Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I don't get why he is still not fired

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
It seems to me that Elop is as selfish as any professionals would be; he may have used MS as a stepping stone otw to where he is right now (top guy of the biggest mobile phone producer out there), but I doubt that his allegiance to MS is as blind as a fanboy's.
I wouldn't be so sure. From my experience working in and with US-based IT companies, they are pretty good at brainwashing people to be loyal to the brand forever. I have seen it time and time again.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
After reading the original Helsingin Sanomat -newspaper article, I can confirm that it says Nokia dumping the Meego. But without a direct quote. It says something like this: "Regarding Elop, Nokia will not continue with Meego even if it would prove to be a success"
I read it too. I would translate "According to Elop, Nokia will not continue with Meego even if it proves to be a success."

The title is "Elop sulkee pois Meegon paluun", "Elop rules out the return of Meego"

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Thats not ambigious at all - the quote is attributed to Meego... and I assume this newspaper is not one that will make up **** is it ?

Good enough for me.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Thats not ambigious at all - the quote is attributed to Meego... and I assume this newspaper is not one that will make up **** is it ?

Good enough for me.
It's the main newspaper in Finland. Largest of it's kind.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ministeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Releasing N9 and N950 is an example why Nokia management failed. They have no vision of the future and that's why they join Microsoft. Releasing these devices is like showing their last breath before they die and venture into NEW Windows 8 phones. That's why they called the devices DEAD before they even announce. SO why would you buy a dead unsupported phones?? A waste of investment imo.
Oh shut up with your american ******** perspective.

Elop is the one to blame!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Good thing Nokia isn't the owner of MeeGo then, or I might have to actually worry. Intel will bring us MeeGo phones... if not, we are doomed to use crappy chinese knockoffs. At least those would be cheap.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
After reading the original Helsingin Sanomat -newspaper article, I can confirm that it says Nokia dumping the Meego. But without a direct quote. It says something like this: "Regarding Elop, Nokia will not continue with Meego even if it would prove to be a success"

Sometimes I do feel like Elop is doing his best to kill Nokia. He wants instant success so he decided on Windows Phone instead of Android. In house they have a great product that can be a success and rule their own f* ecosystem but no let's dump it even before it get to consumers and start from the beginning. He said many great features found in N9 will be available on WP, does he mean the lack of HDMI or the swipe UI that got praised all over the web? Seriously, what the hell ??

PS. I need some coffee

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That's another reason not to buy

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Auckland, New Zealand
Elop is a Microsoft guy through and through. Therefore, I'm not too surprised he'd take this stance.

However, if the N9/950 do prove to be a hit, I suspect the Board may push him in another direction and force him to reconsider.

From what I've seen on the Tech websites, the N9 is generating many positive reactions. And, I'm sure Nokia's Board will take notice of this and if Elop doesn't comply with their wishes he will be forced out.

Nokia have the makings of a beautiful 'eco system' with MeeGo, if they choose to drive it forward.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1SnapMusic! For This Useful Post:

Tags
elopcalypse, elopocalypse, insanity, makesnosense, trojan