Active Topics

Hi, i usually read a lot of pdf on my smartphone.
I have a 60+ pages pdf and it's very annoying to read it with Documents app: it's too slooooow to render on pinch to zoom or to render the single pages if scrolling is pretty faster.
Can you suggest me a more faster opensource/free PDF reader to use on N9?

Thanks

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Los Angeles, CA
I'm in the same boat a you are...there are no other viable alternatives to the stock pdf viewer...you could try to install nitdroid and use an Android pdf viewer...just make sure you install a version of nitdroid compatible with your firmware

Is it possible to run some PDF readers from N900 repositories? Nitroid doesn't have voicecalls features and i love MeeGo interfaces, i don't want to revert back to Android

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
If those PDF's are e-books, isn't it a better option to convert them into something more palatable for mobile devices, like ePub or HTML? I guess Calibre can do this. Or try to obtain ePub-versions online. There are two ePub free readers in the store for the N9, both are fine readers.

They aren't ebook but newspaper with images and complex formatting. If i try to convert to any ebook formats, it appears unreadable at all

you may use any debian pdf reader. Just install easy debian.

Should I flash debian in dual boot with MeeGo Harmatann?

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
No you need HarmChom to run debian applications into Meego Harmattan.

I'm desperate, it still doesn't work for me but I don't know what step is wrong in what I do, so no progress. I remember how much Easy Debian was awsome on the N900, it opens the way to many many new possibilities and applications, I really like to have it running on the N9 too. Rcolistete might plan to provide .deb files someday to make the installation easier, I really hope it will solve my problem, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

no chance to have a native OSS PDF Reader for N9...