Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
FTMX is inside the N900, no external boring ****.
It's also the best for listening music (stereo speakers, 32gigas + sd card, heavy output on headphones)
But i think it's a little laggy sometimes. I remember i missed some calls because of that. For that i prefer my N9.
But i can't play x-moto, i can't use the ultimate open media player with car screen mode, i can't change battery/add memory, save and play offline a web flash game, i can't emulate amstrad and gameboy. And there is no CSSU.
I also miss keyboard, camera cover and the amazing little feet !
I WILL NEVER SELL MY N900 !
I LOVE IT !

Edit: Oh, and what about the circles to zoom ?
zooming with one finger is more easy thzn this boring two finger'spinch to zoom.

Last edited by turbovomit; 2013-05-01 at 00:26.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turbovomit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
everyday as it passes N900 earns my respect.. its the best no matter what!! this happened few weeks ago.. i asked my friend the reason for his phone's lag..(after a camera shot i asked him to show the pic.. gosh!! it took hell of a time to load) he said his internal is full so the phone will slow down(does it.. my mind said wt*?? :P).. my N900 just laughed seeing me saying "dude i still have 5gb left.. "

PS: i have 1100 songs and about 90 videos(HD) 4gb of pics and a few games installed.. i have never seen my N900 slow down..

#N900isthebest

Last edited by visN900; 2013-05-01 at 00:40.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
I just ordered a 32Gb micro SD card (Class 10) today for $25. I reckon that in a little over a year I'll be able to order a 128Gb one for around $50. My N900 will then be a 160Gb Computer (which is about 200 times more storage than my first Pentium III tower which I bought in 1996).

The nice thing about the N900 is that it's open in all possible ways. It's open in the software front. It's open in the way you can install new OSes. It's open in the way you can expand memory and replace the battery by simply taking the cover. I can't believe the jokes the two big phone platforms play on users. All that closed platform, can't change your battery, or expand your memory crap. F*$&% you! I say as I laugh and continue using my N900.

EDIT: The best part about the N900 is that it's open AND that it has the best community ever (only the Zaurus community comes close to it). Lots of clever and selfless folks have made the N900 a legend. My goal is to get into development soon.

Last edited by malfunctioning; 2013-05-01 at 02:11.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Group Hug!!!

I love my N900 also.

The Following User Says Thank You to brandon For This Useful Post:
it's simply a... NOKIA
the best mobile internet tablet
ever
and even though NOKIA damned itself by going all m$, it always did outstanding hardware (Communicator, anyone?) and, as long as they did, outstanding software.
the N900 is / was the culmination
period
«The end...»
(Totgesagte leben am längsten ¦-)))))))

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
yes a nokia, cool hardware but boring (sym, w$) or abandonned (sym, maemo,meego) oses.
Die Nokia !

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Stop calling the N900 a [cell|smart]phone - it's most definitely not, and you'll be seriously disappointed comparing it to the latest Javadroid or iOS devices.

It doesn't have the shiny shiny that iDevices have, and it doesn't have the monster hardware that the high end Android devices have.

But it is a pocket computer, that needs regular maintenance, TLC and tweaking, like a regular desktop Linux system.

Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Yes, I saw it on Ebay, FMTX for Iphone. It's called Itrip and here it is. http://www.griffintechnology.com/itrip

Idk if Iphone have fm radio (as reciver) but FMTX, i was sure about that.

I also don't know if any android device have some external device like that.
Erm, every device on earth with any kind of audio out can "have" external fm transmitter - you just plug any 2$ transmitter to audio out (instead of headphones, for example), and voila. But, it's hardly a "feature" of a phone, and it's funny with iPhones (as always...), that they're trying to sell it as something "special".

Heck, it's even trivial to construct own batter-powered, 1W FM transmitter, which will outrun hell of anything sold (due to law limitations put on those). But the whole fun is to have it build-in, without need to carry external part, if unnecessary.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I agree. There is that mystique about the iPhone that comes from being the trendsetter and "cool" device. And there is a whole industry for aftermarket "iPhone accessories".

A guy at work the other day brought these portable and collapsable speakers for his iPhone with builtin batteries, and the sound was not much more powerful than what I get out of the stock N900 speakers. I thought he looked stupid with that "portable setup". But he seem happy, so I didn't say anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
I Don't Care of Other Devices Cuz Those Are Just "Empty Shitss" And Nokia N900 Was A King, Is a King And Always Live Like A King Of SmartPhones, Now Ya'll Got This