Originally Posted by bluezz View Post
"airodump-ng -w mycapture --ivs wlan0" worked for me. Get all the data in the file. But here is my uber-noob question:

How do I know just by looking at a mac address that this is the wireless for which I want the key ?
Uh, actually it shows the ssid.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Last edited by barry99705; 2007-10-16 at 16:24.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Orlando, FL
I am new to WEP cracking so I found this thread informative. I tried out the setup and got airodump-ng to work.

However, after killing airodump, when I tried to select a connection from the desktop, I couldn't find any networks any more. I had to reboot in order for it to find my default network - which it connected automatically.

Is there something I could have done to reset the "search" without having to reboot?

thanks.

Originally Posted by mustalinux View Post
I am new to WEP cracking so I found this thread informative. I tried out the setup and got airodump-ng to work.

However, after killing airodump, when I tried to select a connection from the desktop, I couldn't find any networks any more. I had to reboot in order for it to find my default network - which it connected automatically.

Is there something I could have done to reset the "search" without having to reboot?

thanks.
I think this might be what you looking for:

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/resetwlan/

The Following User Says Thank You to ak.n770 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
....and be sure to place your Nokia Internet Tablet in one of those silicone sleeves PRIOR to putting it into promiscuous mode.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
For those of you failing to understand my sense of humor, look here. Covering your N800 in rubber protects it while it is in promiscuous mode.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nokia-800-N800-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I hope that clarifies it.

Originally Posted by mesias View Post
i start airodump-ng and after some minutes i get "read failed: Network is down".does anybody knows something?
Also i only get 1 to 6 ivs
Help me please
Hello EveryOne.. I have the same problem that he has.. when I star airodumo-ng in some minutes I get the error that that the Network is down.. can someone tell me what is wrong..?

Originally Posted by Juanfer View Post
Hello EveryOne.. I have the same problem that he has.. when I star airodumo-ng in some minutes I get the error that that the Network is down.. can someone tell me what is wrong..?
The wireless manager is taking it out of monitor mode.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
The wireless manager is taking it out of monitor mode.
but why always it does that..?? every time I do it. It says that same thing..

change the wireless settings to search never instead of every 10 minutes.. .. that seemed to fix it for me
oh and if you have os2008 and want to get current networking tools add repo to package manager:

http://www.mulliner.org/nokia770/repository/
chinook
free

Last edited by blackoper; 2007-12-26 at 01:11.

Originally Posted by blackoper View Post
change the wireless settings to search never instead of every 10 minutes.. .. that seemed to fix it for me
oh and if you have os2008 and want to get current networking tools add repo to package manager:

http://www.mulliner.org/nokia770/repository/
chinook
free

Hello there! How can I change the wireless settings to search never instead of every 10 Minutes...???