Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Atlanta, GA
I just got my Nokia N810 from UPS and it's charging over in the corner.

Something odd that I noticed is there were two of the Nokia "freshness" seals on the box, one almost on top of each other. The seal under the top seal had been obviously cut.

My thought it maybe Nokia cut it for QA or to stuff something extra in the box. The cynical side of me thinks Amazon sent me a return or worse a refurb.

So, anyone else had a double seal on there box? Any further speculation as to what happened? Should I be contacting Amazon to request shipment of a new unit?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ queen creek , AZ
i too have recieved my n810 that i got from buy.com about 10 min ago ... it had a double seal also ... the nokia looked fine to me .. did yours have the protective screen plastic on it?

Yeah...had the screen protector and all the little tid-bits in the box looked like they were new...all pristine in their plastic bags.

It may have been updated (or they may have updated a manual or something) at the distribution point after it was initially sealed, so they may have pulled it, updated the OS or put in something revised, and resealed it.

It is very unlikely that refurbished units hit the distribution channels that soon after release of a device - at that time, there usually aren't even enough to satisfy all swaps for repair without resorting to new devices, Besides, repair/refurbs are usually handled by a different partner or at any rate at a different plant than the production and distribution, so that a mixup can hardly happen.

It is most likely a repackaging because the units got OS updated between initial packaging and shipping, or the devices got redirected to another market and were supplied with another PSU.

Originally Posted by realcomix View Post
i too have recieved my n810 that i got from buy.com about 10 min ago ... it had a double seal also ... the nokia looked fine to me .. did yours have the protective screen plastic on it?

Just out of curiosity, what version of the firmware did yours ship with? 42-19?

I'm wondering if they did a firmware upgrade as was mentioned by someone before shipping them out.