Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I've repeated this over many posts so my apologies for those who have to read it again.

Comparing the Jolla tablet to a six year old Galaxy Tab 10.1 (which has constantly been on since the very beginning):
Situation 1: airplane mode on, tablet on but completely unused, no applications running
- Jolla tablet: about 3-4 days, if you're lucky.
- old Android tablet: several months, and I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. I charged it on 20 June, which is now a little under three weeks ago. Only used it for twenty minutes after taking it off the charger, haven't done anything with it since. Just checked the battery level: 89% (no typos: eighty nine percent!).

Situation 2: airplane mode off, Wi-Fi on, tablet unused with a couple of applications and background services (email accounts etc) running
- Jolla tablet: 2 days.
- old Android tablet: it's been a while since I used it this way, but from what I remember it lasts about 2 weeks.

Situation 3: tablet in constant use
- Jolla tablet: actually longer than you would expect based on the other numbers, about 6-8 hours (although this depends heavily on the sort of applications in use, as playing an intensive game or watching hi-res video will drain the battery a lot faster than surfing TMO, for example).
- old Android tablet: about 10 hours (again depending heavily on what you're doing).

Finally, the battery capacities compared:
- Jolla tablet: Li-Ion 4450 mAh
- old Android tablet: Li-Po 7000 mAh (keep in mind the actual current capacity is probably not even half that anymore)
Very interesting. I will try situation 1 on my Taobao Jolla Tablet. We have an old ipad sitting around. If my kids are not using it I will try the same on that for comparison.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Around 4days on airplane mode is also what i had last time i forgot to switch it off. 6 hours normal usage also fits.
Jolla Tablet boots up very fast so i do switch it off after recharge to min 80%.

Somehow we need to find the max runtime by turning everything off, right? Then calculate an optimum drain/hour and can then compare to states with single running services and apps drain/hour.

What i am going to try first is if i can beat the 4-5 days with Dalvik disabled. Was it running during your airplane runtime @mscion?
What else to disable.
Is it worth to try not using airplane but switching the services off manually to rule out airplane does not actually switch "everything off"?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Guys,
Given that no one has a tablet yet indicates that your hunt for the issue is pretty much irrelevant right now
Would'nt it be cool if we could hint jolla where to optimize and make the existing and hopefully coming tablets last longer?
But yes, if there is interest we should propably have a seperate thread or continue this one.

Last edited by mosen; 2017-07-10 at 17:46.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Around 4days on airplane mode is also what i had last time i forgot to switch it off. 6 hours normal usage also fits.
Jolla Tablet boots up very fast so i do switch it off after recharge to min 80%.

Somehow we need to find the max runtime by turning everything off, right? Then calculate an optimum drain/hour and can then compare to states with single running services and apps drain/hour.

What i am going to try first is if i can beat the 4-5 days with Dalvik disabled. Was it running during your airplane runtime @mscion?
What else to disable.
Is it worth to try not using airplane but switching the services off manually to rule out airplane does not actually switch "everything off"?

Would'nt it be cool if we could hint jolla where to optimize and make the existing and hopefully coming tablets last longer?
Hi. I was going to leave it on. I can try both ways. Although, to me 4 to 5 days is actually not bad.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Only One t-shirt ordered. That Will be truly unique roaming the streets

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
WHAT?!? I'm still The First + Only One?!?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by indie carmayne View Post
WHAT?!? I'm still The First + Only One?!?
The man the myth the legend!

The One and Only

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
In that case, the bad battery life of the Jolla tablet has some other cause, and that cause may affect the new Youyota tablet too. If it is a software issue, perhaps Jolla can investigate and fix it, that would help both the original tablet and this updated one.
according to this thread the battery drain is a result of the power management:

https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99262&page=2

user explit found out that the four cores are never sleeping, chenliangchen has postet in this thread regarding the problem, so he seems to be aware of it. explit also posted kind of a solution in this thread, a power saving mode can be chosen in the bios settings

https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99262&page=3

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
The man the myth the legend!

The One and Only
I'm a bit freaked out now... Especially since I began noticing the number 5.000 beneath every perk - 5.000 t-shirts? Really? But I guess it boils down to this: Chen probably had to give a minimal number of units to be produced so manufacturing is worth while for Foxconn. In another hardware project a production run required 4.000 units to be made as a an absolute minimum.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 456 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Portugal
Was it you ?

Edit: never mind, i just Saw the other post from indie c

Last edited by john_god; 2017-07-10 at 18:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john_god For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by john_god View Post
Was it you ?
I wish. I cant afford such a rare and unusual shirt

Im waiting for that One piece Lauta shirt. Hope to a campaign soon.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os