Hi
I havent been using my N810 lately, and mistakenly i've pressed on "lock device" instead of turn off device. since i dont remember the number i used to lock, how can i use my tablet?

Help!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tzel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
If you have ssh access it's doable through the /dev/mtd* devices (looking with strings/grep or some such tools)...
If you don't, good luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
come on,,,,

The Following User Says Thank You to tzel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Lock means lock means lock. If there's a workaround it's not a lock.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Some locks are more secure than others. This one is good enough for preventing your mates going through your personal data or sending prank emails from your account when you are looking away, but can be broken relatively easily if you have some time. All you need is a bootmenu initfs of the same OS version and a USB cable to flash it, ssh/telnet in and look at the contents of the mtd1 partition with strings(1).

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Bulgaria
Some time ago I bought a locked 770 from eBay. After reflashing the device was usable but the lock code was not reset. Hopefully after some time the seller was able to remember the lock-code. Now, (both on my 770 and N810) my code is always 00000.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fontus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Wasn't the default code something like 12345? Did you try that?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Some locks are more secure than others. This one is good enough for preventing your mates going through your personal data or sending prank emails from your account when you are looking away, but can be broken relatively easily if you have some time. All you need is a bootmenu initfs of the same OS version and a USB cable to flash it, ssh/telnet in and look at the contents of the mtd1 partition with strings(1).
Oh, that's good to know too...
I bought my n800 from eBay and the person didn't tell me the code but i had ssh setuped before i tried the lock, fortunately!

How would you setup a bootmenu initfs?

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
If you have ssh access it's doable through the /dev/mtd* devices (looking with strings/grep or some such tools)...
If you don't, good luck!

Ha TX for this ssh trick code... you safe my life whit this trick on my n810...the code is very clear in mtd1 file. Always install ssh before setting passwd lol
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

The Following User Says Thank You to LABAUDIO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth
  1. Follow the instruction below carefully:

If you can't use the device like go to the internet or so on, flash the device. There should a Nokia N810 Update Wizard, at this link:
    http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...oftware-update. I used that to reflash my device. Make sure u are using the latest firmware

After that go to Xterm--> Be the root in xterm

If you don't know how to be a root-- go to application manager and search root and install two apps: sudser and and someother app that i can't remember the name, but it say sudo gainroot.

Then type
    Code:
    root
    (which i used) or some command to be the root!and

After that type in or copy this command to find your lock code:

Code:
    echo root:$(grep -A 13 lock_code /dev/mtd1|tail -1):
    It should give you the number below or nearby it!
    Hope this helps!

Last edited by ankit03; 2010-06-04 at 03:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ankit03 For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia 810