Active Topics

Okay, i have sold my nokia n900 as the phones price was doing down fast and tried to make w.e the money i could after spending $800 the first week it came. sold it for half that 7 months later. Yes! Fail from my side.

Anyways, i always liked Nokia and just told my self to give them a break untill they take out a new killer machine. So i started using some old flip Nokia. But, just know I found out something about Nokia not making any Meego phones or w.e the case it.

Could someone tell me what i have missed? whats going on with nokia and why arent they continuing the project? Are they selling the company? Will they be making more phones? Are they going to be making good phones like N900 or the N95? (please dont say N9)

Tell me what i missed

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by phuongymy View Post
Okay, i have sold my nokia n900 as the phones price was doing down fast and tried to make w.e the money i could after spending $800 the first week it came. sold it for half that 7 months later. Yes! Fail from my side.

Anyways, i always liked Nokia and just told my self to give them a break untill they take out a new killer machine. So i started using some old flip Nokia. But, just know I found out something about Nokia not making any Meego phones or w.e the case it.

Could someone tell me what i have missed? whats going on with nokia and why arent they continuing the project? Are they selling the company? Will they be making more phones? Are they going to be making good phones like N900 or the N95? (please dont say N9)

Tell me what i missed
Well, you just sold your N900! You are going to miss all the fun and exciting new apps this community will come up with in 2011. You'll also miss how Maemo will be the new (and only) Meego...better go get back your N900. Maybe you could find someone else selling it less than what you sold yours and actually make a decent profit trading N900s! That's what you missed I guess.

You mean you wanna recap on over 3,000 posts?

*Deep breath*

GTFOOH.

So what is this i keep hearing? Meego is canceled? Any they will continue to project with Maemo?

Is nokia planning to take out any new phones then?

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
You mean you wanna recap on over 3,000 posts?

*Deep breath*

GTFOOH.

NO! you nerd!... just want to know what NOKIA is doing... Your a CREEP!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to phuongymy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
Elop (nokia's CEO) has stated that Nokia will still release a meego device in 2011. Nokia has partnered with Microsoft and now their main focus is producing devices with the Windows Phone 7 OS. In other words, Meego has taken a backseat to the WP7 OS but has not been completely dumped.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
So what is this i keep hearing? Meego is canceled? Any they will continue to project with Maemo?

Is nokia planning to take out any new phones then?
Yes, stupid WP7 phones!

NO! you nerd!... just want to know what NOKIA is doing... Your a CREEP!!!
It'd take you less time to skim the forum than it would for someone to recap on what's going on.

I'm too busy cos I'm off to work in 5mins, otherwise I would oblige.

Have a nice day

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
My bad for being Hostile. As you stated 3000 threads, seems kind of obscured. Anyways, that scuks, so Nokia will be making lame Windows phones? No more LINUX!?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
My bad for being Hostile. As you stated 3000 threads, seems kind of obscured. Anyways, that scuks, so Nokia will be making lame Windows phones? No more LINUX!?
No one has the answer...unless your last name goes by Elop.

You'll get assumptions only based on what is being published here and there. It was 50/50 but I think the odds just dropped looking at some threads from today. Still, please don't bet any critical organs yet on what you hear.

Agree with Stickymick; It'd take you less time to skim the forum than it would for someone to recap on what's going on.

Have fun!

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, hypnodroid, hypnotoad, ignorance=bliss, just shoot me