Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Thanks!!!

It has been a month, and it seems there is some activity again here, so maybe someone can go back and answer my question.

Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how do I get the emulator to stick in the roms directory? Every time I start it up, it starts where the GBA rom is and I have to keep backing out and going to where my rom directory is.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
can you describe bug more expanded ?
btw. check ownership\permissions at /home/user/.config/Team16 , config is there

@The Longshot

Try this solution provided by Bazza:

Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
just read bonaparts reply to pannkaksfest and that sorted the no rom error

1. Through x terminal if you type gpspmgui the application should start up then click back on to x terminal and see if it shows 'cant create cfg dir, permission error'

2. To fix it open up x terminal under root type:-

mkdir -P /home/user/.config/Team16/gpsp/

then press enter

3. Then open up gpsp-gui and set up GUI config ( rom directory and copy bios)

4. Close gpsp then open up again and you should see your roms.
It should work.

Originally Posted by AlekMX View Post
@The Longshot

Try this solution provided by Bazza:

It should work.
Capital P is an invalid command option. Lower case p still gives me a permission denied even using gainroot.

@TheLongshot

Then try this:

Code:
sudo gainroot
chmod 777 /opt/maemo/usr/games
chown user /opt/maemo/usr/games
chown -R user:users /home/user/.config/Team16
Remember to set up your ROM and BIOS directory again after running these commands.

Last edited by AlekMX; 2012-02-16 at 03:01.

Well, it did allow me to make the changes, but I can't launch the emulator. I press "start" and nothing happens.

are you sure you have the right version of the emulator installed? try uninstalling and reinstalling. worked for me.

Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
Well, it did allow me to make the changes, but I can't launch the emulator. I press "start" and nothing happens.
The settings will not work out of the box, you need to go to "Configure", then, set a scale (triple scale is full screen) and then change the last option (preferably to 1024 bytes). Also if you want better speed change Frameskip to "Auto".

Originally Posted by AlekMX View Post
The settings will not work out of the box, you need to go to "Configure", then, set a scale (triple scale is full screen) and then change the last option (preferably to 1024 bytes). Also if you want better speed change Frameskip to "Auto".
Well, I had to figure that out for myself.

As a software engineer, I find the settings screen somewhat embarassing. No explanation about what each setting is, and the default settings don't work for anything. The previous version I was working with (pre-gui) was slower, but at least it was a setting that could run games. The default gives you a tiny screen and very slow performance. Not good if you are coming in cold.

Also, the help option should send you someplace that actually gives you, well, help. Like the wiki page which actually has a description of what all the options actually do.

That being said, the emulator itself, once properly set up, is pretty damn smooth. It is nice to actually be able to play Fire Emblem with full screen and at full speed. Thanks for all the work.

Tags
emulators, games