Notices

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by ade View Post
@peter2p
See attachment.
I think your exact location should be /opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/164x164/hildon/
Thank you ade , looks great and you are right, should first select /opt
Attached Images

surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

The Following User Says Thank You to peter2p For This Useful Post:
This replacement clock will never be an exact copy of the original, only a similar one. Keep that in mind please. If someone wants an exact replica on pixel level, I am more than happy to hand the project over to you (or someone else interested in general, AapoRantalainen perhaps? ).
I haven't yet compiled or tested your clock replacement =). I'm interested in to get it packaged properly and get it compiled on autobuilder (to extras-devel or CSSU). Properly packaged means also, it will uninstall package 'clock-ui' (closed Nokia package).

Also that seg faulting which is now ~fixed with shell script wrapper sounds interesting.

Personally I prefer functionality over aesthetic.

If there are need for TWO packages, so it be: clock-ui-replacement and advanced-clock-ui (first is in CSSU and second is in extras). Hope this doesn't double the workload, but only diverge discussion for cloning and new features.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
I can create debian/* files for proper building.

@ade:
If this clock replacement will be stable (e.g without know bugs), ping some gitorious CSSU maintaier for moving git repository to CSSU.

I'm suggesting name of git repo (in CSSU) clock-ui instead osso-clock. Original nokia package is clock-ui and better is to have git repo with same name as dpkg package.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
I haven't yet compiled or tested your clock replacement =). I'm interested in to get it packaged properly and get it compiled on autobuilder (to extras-devel or CSSU). Properly packaged means also, it will uninstall package 'clock-ui' (closed Nokia package).

Also that seg faulting which is now ~fixed with shell script wrapper sounds interesting.

Personally I prefer functionality over aesthetic.

If there are need for TWO packages, so it be: clock-ui-replacement and advanced-clock-ui (first is in CSSU and second is in extras). Hope this doesn't double the workload, but only diverge discussion for cloning and new features.
Packaging is not my concern yet. Getting to an acceptable version first is.

Within an advanced version there will also be discussion on how it should look, so you might still have a need for those config options. But it would clear the path for a "stock lookalike version"

The crash issue is a weird one indeed. I must say it feels more and more stable without a shellscript wrapped around it lately. Somehow certain changes have made it more stable, but it is frustrating not to be able to find the root cause.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post

@ade:
If this clock replacement will be stable (e.g without know bugs), ping some gitorious CSSU maintaier for moving git repository to CSSU.

I'm suggesting name of git repo (in CSSU) clock-ui instead osso-clock. Original nokia package is clock-ui and better is to have git repo with same name as dpkg package.
Thanks for the offer and the rename suggestion.

I have emailed the CSSU counsel for a CSSU git and (on the advice of Nicolai) tried to reach MohammadAG on IRC. I got no responses.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the offer and the rename suggestion.

I have emailed the CSSU counsel for a CSSU git and (on the advice of Nicolai) tried to reach MohammadAG on IRC. I got no responses.
Ping merlin1991 on IRC about creating clock-ui git repo on cssu gitorious.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Great.

Btw: Do you know should it use Qt-4.6 or 4.7? This was reason I haven't already done this. Seems it needs qt-4.6 but I can install only 4.7 and no idea what is version on builder.

The Following User Says Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
Great.

Btw: Do you know should it use Qt-4.6 or 4.7? This was reason I haven't already done this. Seems it needs qt-4.6 but I can install only 4.7 and no idea what is version on builder.
App must work with version which is in CSSU repo. And in CSSU we have 4.7.4: http://repository.maemo.org/communit...ree/q/qt4-x11/

Is there bug in Qt 4.7 that broke this clock app?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
App must work with version which is in CSSU repo. And in CSSU we have 4.7.4: http://repository.maemo.org/communit...ree/q/qt4-x11/

Is there bug in Qt 4.7 that broke this clock app?
I haven't tried to compile it using Qt 4.7, only Qt 4.6.2.

Will have a look how to upgrade and see how it compiles.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I`m was stress testing version which introduced shellscript wrapping and now I`m doing it the same with next version with seconds added in the landscape view:
- leaving in background,
- leaving at foreground,
- leaving open on various screens,
- leaving with dialogues open,
- messing with settings, world clocks, alarms back and forth,
all of that for few days.
Number of crash: zero. Looks like wrapping worked - it`s rock solid stable now.

Bug (cosmetic): in portrait main view time and date field is not ideally centered. I`m using pure font, and it`s slightly moved to the right.

Seconds: I don`t see any reasons to remove seconds from this replacement. Added seconds (in both views - user experience consistency) aren`t the factor which will determine if clock replacement will be or not be added to the CSSU imo. Seconds should stay.

Thank You for all that work ade.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock