Notices

Yeah, I also found it uncomfortable to move via the accelerometers. Maybe it's possible to get used to it, but intuitively I would have thought the other way around (as ivgalvez suggests) would be better. But then again I don't know how accurate aiming would be with accelerometer.

Oh, and the good thing about getting the DDP device is that it's practically the only way to get a non-localized version! So I have the four arrow keys.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
For me it's almost unplayable at this point.

First of all, the impossibility to move though menus with the spanish keyboard (FN key doesn't run).

The movement with gyroscopes is even more difficult than Quake 3. I'd prefer to aim with the the gyroscopes (analog control like mouse) and move forward/backward step left/right with keyboard.

Anyway thanks for your work and, keep on improving the port!
first lf all you can set english keyboard in settings of your phone and that way emulate arrow keys with out use of fn key

btw, accelerometer can be disabled in options inside duke, so you can use keyboard and touch only if you want.

Like I said, you can't please everyone, but you can bind the controls to whatever you like. Just bind wsad to look up/down/right/left and you can view with the accelerometers. For some reason it doesn't detect y when loading/saving a game, but I'll fix that.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Like I said, you can't please everyone, but you can bind the controls to whatever you like. Just bind wsad to look up/down/right/left and you can view with the accelerometers. For some reason it doesn't detect y when loading/saving a game, but I'll fix that.
Thanks.. Waiting for it. It would be nice to play at work when there is nothing to do, save and continue later

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Definately excellent!!! Had to go through a quite pile of rubbish to find that old Duke 3d atomic edition disc.

Now say if I want to reconfigure the accelerometers to work as "mouse look" and use the WASD keys for moving. What setting should i change in the duke3d.cfg file?

Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
Definately excellent!!! Had to go through a quite pile of rubbish to find that old Duke 3d atomic edition disc.

Now say if I want to reconfigure the accelerometers to work as "mouse look" and use the WASD keys for moving. What setting should i change in the duke3d.cfg file?
Why is everyone so eager to edit the config? You can bind them in game, a and d for turn left and right, and w and s to aim up and down. I found it little troublesome because of the small deadzone. Maybe i should try to add sliders for deadzones and ability to set the default angle.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
so... no one is able to save a game yet? :P

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
can we put the "high resolution pack" of duke3D on the n900??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHcoUsNm4zQ

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
did anyone got the music working?

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by PePPeN20 View Post
can we put the "high resolution pack" of duke3D on the n900??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHcoUsNm4zQ
I would say not practical, since that version has thousands of files in it and would probably choke on the N900. It chokes on some netbooks already.

Tags
nuclear warfare, nuking people = fun