I just finished watching the Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo presentation on CES. It was not about maemo or even strongly related, but still very interesting and enlightening.

This was about the side of Nokia most opposite to the top of the line smartphone supertech like Maemo and N900. It was about Nokia's role in furthering economic and sustainable development around the globe. I think it gives a good insight to why Nokia is the market leader and why it will most likely stay that way. I really enjoyed watching it.

The impact of Nokia on a global scale has been and will continue to be staggering.

The presentation takes about an hour so reserve some time for it.
Without further ado: OPK at CES =)

The Following User Says Thank You to reviver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
And somehow we get those brainwashed people from Engadget/Gizmodo/Cnet/etc complaining about "dumbphones" as if everyone in the world has the same purchasing power...

They fail to realize that, sadly, the rest of the world can not have the "luck" to live in the greatest country in the world...

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Really good talk, but Las Vegas was propably the worst place on the planet to give it.