Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by afropanda View Post
can this be done in terminal in meego?
This is meant to be done in your Linux PC.
(this makes it easy to connect to your N9 running Nemo from your computer)

I see. Thanks. so how will i be able to make Nemo work. im using Windows hahaha

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I see. Thanks. so how will i be able to make Nemo work. im using Windows hahaha
Well, you should be okay with the next boot, you can just swithc off the N9 and reboot to Nemo, and if all went okay you will get the graphical UI the next boot.

If you don't, then you would need to ssh to the device to find out from logs why it does not boot to UI.
(or it may be that it did not boot correctly at all, then you can look in your Harmattan side /var/log/ directory, you will find 2 files there; ubiboot.log and ubiboot.dmesg that should show you some info on the boot process...)

How to do that in windows; you need advice of somebody using windows, I am afraid I cannot help you there. The ubiboot wiki page http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot shows some advice for windows users.

maybe its for linux users only. Thanks for the help. Sadly it didnt boot after the restart

maybe its for linux users only. Thanks for the help. Sadly it didnt boot after the restart
Well at least it makes it lot easier if you have used linux before.
Currently Nemo is far from complete even as it is very usable in certain situations.

Did you check the /var/log/ubiboot.log and /var/log/ubiboot.dmesg for any funny business?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well at least it makes it lot easier if you have used linux before.
Currently Nemo is far from complete even as it is very usable in certain situations.

Did you check the /var/log/ubiboot.log and /var/log/ubiboot.dmesg for any funny business?
yes i did and i cant paste it here,lol can i send it to you?

yes i did and i cant paste it here,lol can i send it to you?
use for example http://pastie.org/

now it says Your paste cannot be larger than 64 kb. Sorry. haha

now it says Your paste cannot be larger than 64 kb. Sorry. haha
hm. OK what about http://pastebin.com , does it accept larger pastes?

The Following User Says Thank You to afropanda For This Useful Post: