Notices

Posts: 181 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bahrain
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
it's called user feedback. There's a reason why it's desirable to follow default behaviour, to provide consistent user experience across the OS, just look at Android app guideline prior ICS and post ICS, it's striving for consistency, so I use that as my basis for UI principle.

User feedback does not equal to whining, understand the difference.
i know what the difference is. i respect everyone's opinion. and yes all other OSes are. but my point is, if something exceeds and bests the consistency then why hate it ?

Originally Posted by baem90 View Post
im using 0.8.9, have a red dot problem rebooting phone does not solve the problem..
close wazapp and

in terminal run belwo two code:

deve-su
rootme

apt-get -f install
apt-get update

and re-open wazapp

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
I installed 18092012-1305 version, leaving 15092012-1835 version.. but translations can't be loaded..

So now I'm returning to 15092012-1835 version..

restarting wazapp several time fixed the red dot issue,

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

Cepi, thanks for the last update! Is amazing, but please cpuld you fix the symbols thataren't showed properly in conversation bubbles? Like "<" and "&" thanks,

I dont know if someone already mentioned it, but photos taken from the media menu seem to be rotated by 90 degree

The Following User Says Thank You to smoof For This Useful Post:
Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Ok now Tarek and I have versions merged and major update is coming

But you guys maybe wants to kill me... I've updated transifex again
Please complete the missing words
Thanks
Finnish translate updated again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Timpaxi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Hi,

Can someone please approve my user to join Pt-BR translation group on Transifex?

"The user gambitrex requested to join the Portuguese (Brazil) language translation of the Wazapp project"

I'd like to help correcting some wrong strings.

Originally Posted by Alee View Post
i dont know why people are whinning about stuff that isnt matching with harmattan's default behaviour.
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL CLIENT, all kinds of additions are modifications (for the better) are welcome, if it surpasses the excellency and beauty of harmattan, i dont see any reason to exclude it just for the cause that it isnt harmattan-ish to some people.
Cepi's UI idea was awesome, and i support it. same with notifications, the 'tick' sound implemented in cepi's last build was awesome but some people here kept whinning that it was too loud for them and something isnt following harmattan default behavious.
be happy with what you are getting.
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
it's called user feedback. There's a reason why it's desirable to follow default behaviour, to provide consistent user experience across the OS, just look at Android app guideline prior ICS and post ICS, it's striving for consistency, so I use that as my basis for UI principle.

User feedback does not equal to whining, understand the difference.
Originally Posted by Alee View Post
i know what the difference is. i respect everyone's opinion. and yes all other OSes are. but my point is, if something exceeds and bests the consistency then why hate it ?
I haven't noticed any hate here about the latest design? Just sound opinions and suggestions. If something exceeds or is better than default Harmattan guidelines and consistency that's awesome....but if it isn't equally good or better? User feedback, opinions, no hate...actually more help in my opinion. It's possible to be grateful for wazapp without praising every pixel of it and I think it's a healthy approach when beta testing stuff.

Sometimes suggestions made with good intentions is almost treated as a threat and people have to jump in and defend the original work.

Regarding my own small suggestion, some people will like it and some will not. Your feedback was "Not liking this". Kind of harsh wasn't it? Would you write that to the heroes behind wazapp? Probably not.

I'm pretty sure the green message circle will be merged with it's button area and the icon for contacts will be replaced...maybe not now, but further on. Trust me

cant u make the updates automatic ?? ^_^ jus asking! and can some1 give me the link to the latest update!! and thanks guys for all the hard work put into this

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp