I know there are million threads about the 'oh so called; sim card red dash problem & flashing failures' yet it seems I've experienced problems no one else have.

Let me explain:

For no reason I lost sim card signal about a week ago and tried alot of stuff to retrieve it. The main problem is once starting the N900 it completly skips the ''log-in'' screen where you normally have to enter your PIN-code. It goes instantly to the desktop menu and there is no signal.

After some reading on the forums here about flashing your device I gave it a go on my win7 64 bit system and it didn't work, after more reading I discovered that it is not possible with 64bit unless you download the win xp mode programs. So I tried on Vista 32 & 64 bit, XP 32 bit and on OS X Leopard. All give me the exact same problem while flashing and that is the following error:

''flashing failed: no error''

I've not seen any one else with this exact same problem and therefor I have no idea what to do with it.
I am able to flash the EMMC but not the OS / Firmware.

I went to three different T-mobile shops already and they all can't figure out what the problem is. Before sending it back to Nokia I want to be sure I tried everything since I don't want to lose my phone for over 6 weeks.

The NSU program does not work either, not able to recognize my phone.

I truly hope some one is able to discover how to solve this problem.

Dear regards,
Davy Werrij

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
redownload the .bin file again. make sure you gethe right version and the latest one. There is no way that the flashing is failed unless the bin file is currupted while downloading.

I flashed mine like almost 10times now and never a time it complaints. Use windows XP and before you begin,

turn off your device,
take the battery out,
put the battery back on,
slide the keyboard out and hold “u”,
plug the USB into the n900 and hold your “u“ button.

making sure the command you typed in the CMD has the same name as the bin file inside the flasher directory.

This shouldn't be hard!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Try another SIM?

Seems like your N900 is bound for NCC, unfortunately.

Maxximuscool I tried flashing my device around 30-40 times now. I have followed all the steps required to flash a device and I am using the right and latest version (I even tried other versions just to be sure). Corrupted bin files on 5 different PCs would be almost impossible.
The flasher program actually recognize the device (USB found at bus etc etc), alot of text appears, seems like it almost is ready to flash and then the error appears (flashing failed: no error).

Rickysio, I tried different SIMs, I even bought a new one, all give the same red dash SIM card error, and it is still skipping the PIN-code log-in screen.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ogre city@Latvia
I had problems too

www.Hi-Tech.lv ...a bit of my technology
Using Nokia N900 32GB+8GB+Westone 3

Last edited by Mateus; 2010-06-12 at 12:47.

Anyone that can help me and possible others with this problem?

Regards,
Davy Werrij