Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Jolla's 2G and 3G frequencies are listed on jolla.com ("All specifications" page).

GSM 850/900/1800/1900
UMTS 900/2100

LTE 800/1800/2600 (bands 20, 3 and 7). LTE is not yet enabled but bands were confirmed by Jolla on Twitter. Note that Jolla's Euro 800 MHz isn't compatible with American 800 MHz (Sprint).

Originally Posted by MFaroTusino View Post
Like Matt, I had a Jolla. Got a review unit from them on Dec 22. Used both Vodafone and Telstra, and had exceptional signal on both networks.
How much did you use Jolla on Telstra and were you in a city? Because officially Telstra's NextG (850 MHz 3G) is not supported. It's possible Telstra would still have some of their own 2100 MHz sites active, although they shut down the network shared with Vodafone.

The Following User Says Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Im not in a hurry to get a jolla. To pricey in finland, more so getting one into australia. Still use my N9 for all phone stuff. I want to see sailfish working and doing everything I need it to do on my N9 before I go to dedicated Jolla hardware.

Nexus 7 covers my need for anything else. Its a harmonious balance.

not sure whether to get my friend in paris to order one for me and send it over or to just wait till it comes out in australia

coz iv already got the 'order' thingo thing happening...

can you even send the phone in the mail? isnt there restrictions on the battery?

What are the 3G bands that Telstra supports?

•850MHz
•2100MHz

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Australia
Telstra is only 850Mhz
2100Mhz was a deal with 3 Mobile that no longer is in place since Vodafone merged and now shutdown 3

Originally Posted by toki View Post
can you even send the phone in the mail? isnt there restrictions on the battery?
You can send them through any courier service, Fed Ex would be a good option

There's a guy in Adelaide selling one, brand new, never been opened

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Jolla..._qi=RTM1582223

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
wow.. that price though ><"

should i wait for the MWC announcement.. in case they do something funky

id like to purchase it from australia just to show there is some demand here (rather than import from my friend in paris, where it seems there is high demand only in europe)... but id like the device now..

Originally Posted by toki View Post
wow.. that price though ><"

should i wait for the MWC announcement.. in case they do something funky

id like to purchase it from australia just to show there is some demand here (rather than import from my friend in paris, where it seems there is high demand only in europe)... but id like the device now..

I have one coming from Europe too, should arrive in just under 2 weeks. Was tempted to buy that one from Adelaide so i'd have one now, but then i'd be left with 2 devices hehe

Tags
australia, jolla phone