Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
The iPad2 is sure to be a good bet and a solid product. I'm looking forward to Apple's announcement in the coming month(s).

I don't know where HTC is, but they're awfully quiet on the Tablet front. I've not been a terribly huge fan of all of their hardware, but some of it is quite nice.
Yeah HTC isn't pushing the hardware front as much as Samsung and Motorola (or even LG). But at least you can hack them pretty easily compared to Motorola (locked bootloader) and Samsung (well.. no bootloader but slow with the official OS rollouts too).

I figured the iPad2 is the safest bet in the tablet front for now. It already has the software support, if Android really pushes Apple around then you know Apple with updates/changes as necessary. And there's a large enough userbase that jailbreaks come often enough. Plus my fiancee has an iPod touch and I'm planning on getting an AppleTV2 if Apple doesn't release an AppleTV3 this year (woohoo XMBC! + my 2 TB NAS).

And if I absolutely hate it I can always sell it for a high price.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
Intersting video, Honeycomb on HTC Desire HD :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5-yO...layer_embedded

The Following User Says Thank You to dtergens For This Useful Post:
It may be ported to the HD, but the interface (especially the menu) looks really bad. It's as if it expects a landscape resolution. It does need a lot of work for Android Smartphones, let alone the N900.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
The launcher UI, menus, and OSK seems to have been designed for tablets, but with Fragments, well designed applications should have no problems being displayed on a smartphone. Forward thinking developers would have included this functionality.

I personally hope that Google further optimizes the main launcher as it shouldn't run slowly on *any* modern device. I a device can handle Need For Speed Shift, it should be able to scroll some homescreens around.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Google will be updating gingerbread to 2.4 to add fragments support.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, not really open