Update July 10th 2012: I have included in 0.0.2-2 everything needed that wasn't installed by default in the N9/N950 phones, so it should now work on any of those - tested with PR1.2
---
I have succeeded to port my Magnus Plus Photo magnifier app from N900 (the thread is here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=77023 ) to N950 (and it should work on N9 as well).

On short, there are two little apps in a single package, each with its own icon, that you find on the phone's launcher screen (the one with the apps icons) after installing the package.

1) Magnus Plus Magnifier magnifies, something that the included camera application can do sometimes, just that Magnus Plus is optimized for focusing at close distance and just handier. As opposed to the N900 version, here it has continuous auto-focus.
The working distance is about 10cm.

2) Magnus Plus Negative Viewer, which is the same but with an extra filter that inverts the video stream. This makes it useful for examining photographic negatives and for funny applications (try to see how your fingers look on the negative!).

The resulting package can be downloaded here: harmattan/magnusplus_0.0.2-2_armel.deb

The source is here.

I would really appreciate your feedback:
- Can you install it now from the deb I've provided? You may have to enable installing from non-store sources (in settings/applications/installations)
- Does it work for you?

Last edited by chrisg; 2012-07-10 at 09:51. Reason: changed the text for the version 0.0.2-2, which I think should be possible to install now on every N9/N950 phone

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to chrisg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
thanks it's great and working . But the only thing is that grey bar down

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Nice!

Can you please upload it to the apps.formeego.com repositories?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I cannot install it. Some missing dependencies.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Same for me, I'm on PR 1.1!

Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
thanks it's great and working . But the only thing is that grey bar down
I'm not sure I understand your comment. Did you try to point the camera for example to a computer screen? You should see something on the phone's screen, if you wait a second or two with the phone at about 10 cm from the target (such that the auto-focus has time to act).
If you on the other hand refer to the "almost-full-screen" layout, that's the best I could get so far, it's not far from ideal.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Nice!

Can you please upload it to the apps.formeego.com repositories?
I will try. For now the custom gstreamer video filter I use compiles only in the context of gstreamer-plugins-good, so I will have to clean this up first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
I think the missing dependency on yours is gstreamer-tools (please confirm). This can be installed from this repository:
deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free non-free

Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
Same for me, I'm on PR 1.1!
For you as well, I think the missing dependency on yours is gstreamer-tools (please confirm). This and its dependencies can be installed from this repository:
deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free non-free

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
I've added the repo via MeeCatalog, but I can't find gstreamer-tools in it...